Where are you?

• David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

This is more curiosity than anything else . . .

In perusing these forums, I'm noticing a great deal of geographic diversity (which I think is a great thing)! I've seen post from at least three people from South Africa. I know there are people in Colorado, South Florida, Chicago, etc. I, myself, am in upstate New York (Albany area, 150 miles north of NYC).

So, just wondering, an informal poll: where do you hail from?

Originally from Rochester, NY. Presently North East of Buffalo, NY.

Amherst? Tonawanda?

Nope - North of Lockport. The sleepy little town of Hartland. πŸ™‚ Nice, quiet, cows, ahhhh!

Huh, I have a good friend that lives just outside of Lockport (farm boy).

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• John Rowan (8/12/2010)

Huh, I have a good friend that lives just outside of Lockport (farm boy).

Yeah, that's about all you have up here. Farms, and hmmm, oh yeah, more farms. I like it! I work remote otherwise I would have a serious commute. No thanks on that.

David

@SQLTentmaker

β€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• I don't hail from anywhere - it usually hails on me.

I come from Chicago.

• sushantkumar1984 (8/12/2010)

Can u tell me 1 thing...

holland and netherlands are the same...

why does it have 2 names...

or are they different..

some people say holland and some the netherlands..

Holland is two provinces (North Holland and South Holland) on the West coast of The Netherlands, North of Zealand and South of the Wadden Sea. I believe that people in teh other 10 provinces get almost as fed up with the country being called Holland as we do with Britain being called England.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (8/13/2010)

sushantkumar1984 (8/12/2010)

Can u tell me 1 thing...

holland and netherlands are the same...

why does it have 2 names...

or are they different..

some people say holland and some the netherlands..

Holland is two provinces (North Holland and South Holland) on the West coast of The Netherlands, North of Zealand and South of the Wadden Sea. I believe that people in teh other 10 provinces get almost as fed up with the country being called Holland as we do with Britain being called England.

Thanks for the info!

• edward.otto (8/12/2010)

I don't hail from anywhere - it usually hails on me.

I come from Chicago.

lol, nice one! πŸ™‚

I come from Chicago.

Where you be at (Chicago-speak)? With a name like Edward Otto, I'll guess north side??? Diversey-ish??

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• I just came from chicago...

Its best place in US to be in the summers

but in winters, it gonna freeze ur balls...lol

Anyway, it was nice and pleasant stay at chicago..

I will miss it.

Regards,

Sushant

British Virgin Islands.

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Tom.Thomson (8/13/2010)

I believe that people in teh other 10 provinces get almost as fed up with the country being called Holland as we do with Britain being called England.

The funny thing is that I know Britain and England are not one in the same, yet I still use them interchangably, anyway. Kind of the same way I'll interchange words that I know are not exactly the same thing, like "Web" and "Internet," "PC" and "CPU," etc.!

There must be a term for that phenomenon somewhere. Or maybe we can coin one?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

I come from Chicago.

I'll have six hours to kill in Chicago in a few weeks (I'm taking Amtrak home from my vacation out west).

Any good places to eat/hang out near Union Station?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• http://www.urbanspoon.com/ps/2/6514/Chicago/Landmarks/Union-Station.html

I favor Boston Blackie's for burgers and Kelly's Cajun for just about anything on the menu.

A little more upscale (and a cab ride):

http://www.centerstagechicago.com/restaurants/styles/united-center.html

Onesixtyblue, Santorini's or Carmicheal's. Probably all good but I haven't been to the others, yet.

When are you coming in?

• sushantkumar1984 (8/13/2010)

I just came from chicago...

Its best place in US to be in the summers

but in winters, it gonna freeze ur balls...lol

Anyway, it was nice and pleasant stay at chicago..

I will miss it.

Regards,

Sushant

British Virgin Islands.

Winters aren't so bad. Cold, yes - but like summer, you adapt and it's not so bad. It is a pleasant place but I guess as a "citizen", we tend to take it all for granted some times. Gotta' stop and smell the roses!

• tosscrosby (8/13/2010)

When are you coming in?

I'll be there on the Tuesday after Labor Day (which I believe is 9/7). I'll be coming in from Denver (arriving 3:30), and leaving for Albany (departing 9:30). So my wife and I will have six hours to kill in a town with which I'm not familiar.

I'll also be changing planes at O'Hare on my way out west, but that's not quite the same thing! πŸ˜‰

• Ray K (8/13/2010)

tosscrosby (8/13/2010)

When are you coming in?

I'll be there on the Tuesday after Labor Day (which I believe is 9/7). I'll be coming in from Denver (arriving 3:30), and leaving for Albany (departing 9:30). So my wife and I will have six hours to kill in a town with which I'm not familiar.

I'll also be changing planes at O'Hare on my way out west, but that's not quite the same thing! πŸ˜‰

I know some great places downtown (5 minutes from Union). Steak? Seafood? Chicago-style Pizza (ppfftt that New York stuff!)? What's your pleasure? Mayhaps I'll stay late and show you a few of our sights. You'll nearly be in the heart of it all, and with six hours to kill.....How are you getting to O'Hare, cab or "L"?

• @tosscrosby

ya, it takes time to adapt to the winters specially when you have a frost bite experience at lake michigan...lol..(we went to explore lake michigan in tht cold)

It goes to 0 fahrenht in winters whcih is not easy to adapt to...(specially wen u come frm a hot country like india where it goes to 110 farehnit in summers)

The CTA network is awesome, whole city is easily accessible by that, you dont need a car to roam in chicago city...

@ray k

U can roam anywhere in chicago via CTA too, there r lots of nice places in downtown where u can time pass.

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply