Where are you?

• @Sushant

If only I'd known. I could have tagged along! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Athens, Greece

• Hello,

I am from Deventer, a town in The Netherlands.

Dewes van Lohuizen,
    DBA at CSC Netherlands
    Private interest: www.mikondo.nl

• @dewes

Nice...Ur football team played really well...

hard luck in finals...

Can u tell me 1 thing...

holland and netherlands are the same...

why does it have 2 names...

or are they different..

some people say holland and some the netherlands..

Thanks,

Sushant

British Virgin Islands

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Holland is a province in the Netherlands. It isn't the whole country.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Ray K (1/12/2010)

This is more curiosity than anything else . . .

In perusing these forums, I'm noticing a great deal of geographic diversity (which I think is a great thing)! I've seen post from at least three people from South Africa. I know there are people in Colorado, South Florida, Chicago, etc. I, myself, am in upstate New York (Albany area, 150 miles north of NYC).

So, just wondering, an informal poll: where do you hail from?

Originally from Rochester, NY. Presently North East of Buffalo, NY.

David

@SQLTentmaker

โ€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loseโ€ - Jim Elliot

• @Sushant

Brandie is right: Holland is a province in the Netherlands, we have North Holland and South Holland.

People often says Holland and mean The Netherlands.

And football: Spain was the best in that game.

Dewes van Lohuizen,
    DBA at CSC Netherlands
    Private interest: www.mikondo.nl

• Dewes van Lohuizen (8/12/2010)

@Sushant

Brandie is right: Holland is a province in the Netherlands, we have North Holland and South Holland.

They are synonymous to most folks in the UK.

โ€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.โ€ - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Dewes van Lohuizen (8/12/2010)

@Sushant

Thanks for the info. I, too, have always wondered about the Holland/Netherlands thing.

• Chris Morris-439714 (8/12/2010)

Dewes van Lohuizen (8/12/2010)

@Sushant

They are synonymous to most folks in the UK.

And in the USA as well. I actually didn't know that until now. I learned something new today!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

In perusing these forums, I'm noticing a great deal of geographic diversity (which I think is a great thing)! I've seen post from at least three people from South Africa. I know there are people in Colorado, South Florida, Chicago, etc. I, myself, am in upstate New York (Albany area, 150 miles north of NYC).

Amherst? Tonawanda?

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

Amherst? Tonawanda?

Nope - North of Lockport. The sleepy little town of Hartland. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice, quiet, cows, ahhhh!

David

@SQLTentmaker

โ€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loseโ€ - Jim Elliot

Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

Amherst? Tonawanda?

Nope - North of Lockport. The sleepy little town of Hartland. ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice, quiet, cows, ahhhh!

Ah, okay!

I presume the wings out there are as good as ever? (I had them at a place called The Buffalo House, and loved them! One of these days, I'll have to get out there and try The Anchor Bar!)

• Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

Amherst? Tonawanda?

Ah, okay!

I presume the wings out there are as good as ever? (I had them at a place called The Buffalo House, and loved them! One of these days, I'll have to get out there and try The Anchor Bar!)

Sadly I haven't had them from there yet. I have only been in this area for about 2 years though so, I have a temporary excuse.

If you're ever out in my neck of the woods feel free to give me a shout and we can meet there for lunch. I don't consume any of the beverages typically associated with "bar" but I will certainly consume the wings. ๐Ÿ˜›

David

@SQLTentmaker

Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (8/12/2010)

David Benoit (8/12/2010)

Ray K (1/12/2010)

Amherst? Tonawanda?

Ah, okay!

Sadly I haven't had them from there yet. I have only been in this area for about 2 years though so, I have a temporary excuse.

If you're ever out in my neck of the woods feel free to give me a shout and we can meet there for lunch. I don't consume any of the beverages typically associated with "bar" but I will certainly consume the wings. ๐Ÿ˜›

Definitely, although I don't often make it out to western New York. Generally, the farthest west (in-state) I usually go is Syracuse.

It's been years since I've been around that neck of the woods. Last time I was out there, my wife and I were just passing through on our way to our vacation up in Toronto.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply