Today's Random Word!

• Daniel Bowlin (10/13/2010)

leaf peepers

Yeah, 'tis the season!

I drove to my home turf down in the Catskills for my high school reunion this past weekend. The mountains are in all their colorful glory!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

My 3-year old Granddaughter went on it at the carnival. She was going over 2 stories high. She had a GREAT Time!

Joe

• crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

My 3-year old Granddaughter went on it at the carnival. She was going over 2 stories high. She had a GREAT Time!

Joe

Times have changed. Had my parents (or grand-parents, as the case may be) put me on one of those when I was three, they more-than-likely would've had a HUGE mess to clean-up. I've seen them in the larger malls and most kids do appear to have a blast, some after the initial shock has passed.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby (10/13/2010)

crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

Joe

Times have changed. Had my parents (or grand-parents, as the case may be) put me on one of those when I was three, they more-than-likely would've had a HUGE mess to clean-up. I've seen them in the larger malls and most kids do appear to have a blast, some after the initial shock has passed.

Anything Big Brother (8 years old) can do - she thinks she can do also. She did not do any of the flips like him though.

Joe

• crookj (10/13/2010)

tosscrosby (10/13/2010)

crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

Joe

Anything Big Brother (8 years old) can do - she thinks she can do also. She did not do any of the flips like him though.

Joe

Give her a little time. Young ladies, expecially around that age, can get highly competitive when it comes to getting attention.

--Edit: Maybe that should've read "ladies can get highly competitive when it comes to getting attention." 😀

• crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

Joe

Joe, is this the thing that looks like a giant two-seater catapult?

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris-439714 (10/13/2010)

crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

Joe

No - It is a single harness that is supported by rising poles. It just goes vertical instead of shooting outwards. If you do a google search on "Carnival Bungie" for images - you will see alot of pictures of it.

Wish they had these when I was a kid.

Joe

• crookj (10/13/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (10/13/2010)

crookj (10/13/2010)

WOTD - Turbo-Bungee

Joe

No - It is a single harness that is supported by rising poles. It just goes vertical instead of shooting outwards. If you do a google search on "Carnival Bungie" for images - you will see alot of pictures of it.

Wish they had these when I was a kid.

Joe

Ah, it's the same thing. I've only seen (and done) the twin-seater version. Highly recommended.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• electrolisation

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• electrolytes

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• electrolysis

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• electrostatic

Mike

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”...Robert McCloskey

• electroplate

• electrophobia

• Carmen Electra

Viewing 15 posts - 3,046 through 3,060 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply