Passed 70-448!

• kerry.keown (6/30/2011)

Could someone please email me any 70-448 training material you have? I am required to take this exam. I bought the Microsoft training book for it, but everything I have read, it is not enough. Thank you for you help.

kerry.keown@us.army.mil

Here is what I do...

I take the list provided here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-448#tab2 and go through each of the topics bit by bit. I google for blogs related to the topic and I search MSDN / BOL for info related to each topic.

Then, based on the MS training material you already purchased, you need to practice the principles. Play with the product in a lab and become familiar with SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• hi

• hi

• None of those will help with 448. 448 is a BI exam, you'll need books that cover SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • hi

• hi

• Why won't you read the Self-paced training kit for 70-448? It contains (roughly) all the information you need.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• hi

• Could you please fwd if you have any dumps of 70-448. If so it would be great if you can send the doc to my apadhan@rediffmail.com id.

• ajit_padhan (8/11/2011)

Could you please fwd if you have any dumps of 70-448. If so it would be great if you can send the doc to my apadhan@rediffmail.com id.

Using dumps to study for an exam is forbidden by Microsoft.

It can lead to your certification being revoked and you being blacklisted from taking Microsoft exams ever again.

• ajit_padhan (8/11/2011)

Could you please fwd if you have any dumps of 70-448. If so it would be great if you can send the doc to my apadhan@rediffmail.com id.

Dumps are cheating. They are actual questions taken from the exams in violation of the NDAs that all exam candidates accept.

From the MS Exam Policies (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-policies.aspx#tab2)

The Examinee may be prohibited from taking any Microsoft Certification Exams, and/or may be decertified from Microsoft Certification Program if Examinee violates this Exam Agreement and/or engages in any misconduct. Proctors are authorized to take immediate and appropriate measures against Examinees who violate testing rules. This policy is enforced to ensure the integrity of the Exams and Microsoft Certification Program. Examples of misconduct and/or misuse of the Exam include, but are not limited to, the following:

* Modifying and/or altering the original results/score report for this Exam or any other exam records

* Violation of the current exam retake policy

* Fraudulently impersonating another to gain access to the Exam

* Submission of any work that is not completely your own

* Providing or accepting improper assistance

* Using unauthorized materials in an attempt to satisfy Exam requirements (this includes using brain-dump material and/or unauthorized publication of Exam questions with or without answers)

* Disseminating actual Exam content

* Possession of non-authorized items at the testing center during an Exam

* Misconduct as determined by statistical analysis

* Copying, publishing, disclosing, transmitting, selling, offering to sell, posting, downloading, distributing in any way, or otherwise transferring, modifying, making derivative works of, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or translating any Exam in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose

* Using the Exam content in any manner that violates applicable law

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Today is my MCTS 70-448 SQL BI 2008 exam. I prepared myself using only microsoft book and measureup included in it + obviously self-study and several years experience. I deliberately avoided any questions from internet (testking.com etc) which very often are actual questions.

I hope I can pass it with my knowledge but it must admit I am very anxious especially that some questions are very detailed or very specific that is difficult to find sometimes in real life unless there is very special requirement for it.

I hope also that microsoft will start changing questions more often so people can actually use their knowledge to answer the questions and not braindumps. I know several people who passed MCTS and I know none of them used their knowledge which is I think very disappointing for those who worked hard to pass it.

• I have taken the exam using only my knowledge and I have failed! scoring 683 which is a very good result for me. I did suspect I would fail so I could identify weak points but I didn't suspect I would fail by most likely just 1 question.

The exam was very good. Much better than measureup book questions. I got only 1 data mining question which I was very happy about. Most scores in each group was above 75%. Both SSRS was about 70% and SSAS configuring, deploying and maintaining was only about 45% but for some reason I got 4 questions related to profiling tool which I really didn't expect and 1 related to DMV which I also didn't expect.

On the whole I'm very glad about the result I hope I can quickly fill in my gaps and retake it and get a pass.

The only disappointed with exam was question related to SSIS deployment. I really don't like questions that says that you develop a package with hard coded sever name and deploy to production and that package configuration (sql server) is actually not one of available answers.

I hope this will help some other people to prepare of the exam.

• emil 94400 (1/4/2012)

I have taken the exam using only my knowledge and I have failed! scoring 683 which is a very good result for me. I did suspect I would fail so I could identify weak points but I didn't suspect I would fail by most likely just 1 question.

The exam was very good. Much better than measureup book questions. I got only 1 data mining question which I was very happy about. Most scores in each group was above 75%. Both SSRS was about 70% and SSAS configuring, deploying and maintaining was only about 45% but for some reason I got 4 questions related to profiling tool which I really didn't expect and 1 related to DMV which I also didn't expect.

On the whole I'm very glad about the result I hope I can quickly fill in my gaps and retake it and get a pass.

The only disappointed with exam was question related to SSIS deployment. I really don't like questions that says that you develop a package with hard coded sever name and deploy to production and that package configuration (sql server) is actually not one of available answers.

I hope this will help some other people to prepare of the exam.

I hope you entered some feedback about the SSIS deployment question.

I took the exam as well and SSIS is in my opinion not really covered that well. There are many ways to do something better than the "textbook" (e.g. handling SCD or deployments), but unfortunately the textbook way is the correct answer.

I hope your second try goes better and that you land the certification.

• emil 94400 (1/4/2012)

The only disappointed with exam was question related to SSIS deployment. I really don't like questions that says <snip>.

Please note that any discussion of the questions in the exam are in violation of the NDA that you accepted when writing the exam. I would suggest you edit your post and remove the details

Gail Shaw

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply