Passed 70-448!

• Hi

I actually did put comment to this specific question. Saying that there should be more best practise questions and package configuration (SQL server) is must have.

I hope my second attemp is a pass but I'm glad with failure (1 question missed!) because otherwise I would probably not find motiviation to study my weak points. I also reviewed material and I must admit I should have done it earlier and not follow 2005. I'm glad they removed data mining.

Is MCITP much different to MCTS? More difficult or maybe easier?

• emil 94400 (1/4/2012)

Hi

I actually did put comment to this specific question. Saying that there should be more best practise questions and package configuration (SQL server) is must have.

I hope my second attemp is a pass but I'm glad with failure (1 question missed!) because otherwise I would probably not find motiviation to study my weak points. I also reviewed material and I must admit I should have done it earlier and not follow 2005. I'm glad they removed data mining.

Is MCITP much different to MCTS? More difficult or maybe easier?

A bit more difficult, but more about design and development, and less administration. (in other words, more fun :-))

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• GilaMonster (1/4/2012)

emil 94400 (1/4/2012)

The only disappointed with exam was question related to SSIS deployment. I really don't like questions that says <snip>.

Please note that any discussion of the questions in the exam are in violation of the NDA that you accepted when writing the exam. I would suggest you edit your post and remove the details

I provided an example of a type of question that is part of learning material. I did not provide an actual question or available answers.

• Hello Everyone,

I have been studying for a few months for the 70-448 exam, in the last week I was cramming well into the early hours for last Saturdays exam, I get to the test centre all keyed up and ready to go, and guess what? It was shut. I then wasted an hour in traffic getting home, total waste of time. Prometric are ****.

D.

• Duran (2/27/2012)

Hello Everyone,

I have been studying for a few months for the 70-448 exam, in the last week I was cramming well into the early hours for last Saturdays exam, I get to the test centre all keyed up and ready to go, and guess what? It was shut. I then wasted an hour in traffic getting home, total waste of time. Prometric are ****.

D.

Didn't you make an appointment?

Anyhow, that really sucks.

• Yes, you cant not make an appointment. Had E-mail confirmation, the lot. Rang the test centre number as well, but got answer because obviously nobody was there.

D.

• Duran (2/27/2012)

Yes, you cant not make an appointment. Had E-mail confirmation, the lot. Rang the test centre number as well, but got answer because obviously nobody was there.

D.

Show them the e-mail confirmation next time and demand travel expenses to be paid back.

• How was it amusing?

• Duran (4/3/2012)

How was it amusing?

That's spam. I reported it 🙂

• Well done, what materials did you use, and how long for study?

Regards,

D.

• DAMMIT! Thats twice now! Its like I'm talking to myself! Again!

• Congratulations!

:exclamation: "Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience." :exclamation:

• It took me three times but today I finally passed this exam! I sure hope the SQL 2012 MCSA exams are a bit more focussed on experience and real life situations as I found the 70-448 to be very theoretical and focussing too much on deployment and maintenance instead on development. I found this really hard even with about 8 years of experience in the BI field.

I also noticed that the pool of questions each exam is made up off is not that large as I have had several questions, mainly those on SSIS, three times!

But hey, no further looking back now, 70-461 is next on the list!

Cheers,

a very happy Erik

:-P:-P

[font="Courier New"]______________________________________________________
    ... to select or not to select, that's the question...[/font]

• ErikvanD (6/18/2012)

It took me three times but today I finally passed this exam! I sure hope the SQL 2012 MCSA exams are a bit more focussed on experience and real life situations as I found the 70-448 to be very theoretical and focussing too much on deployment and maintenance instead on development. I found this really hard even with about 8 years of experience in the BI field.

I also noticed that the pool of questions each exam is made up off is not that large as I have had several questions, mainly those on SSIS, three times!

But hey, no further looking back now, 70-461 is next on the list!

Cheers,

a very happy Erik

:-P:-P

Congrats!

I've done the 71-463 exam of MCSA (the data warehouse exam) and the questions are a bit more practical. I have quite a lot of experience with SSIS and some with DQS and I passed the exam on the first try.

• Thanks!

And I did the beta for 463 (and passed) and that was indeed a bit better. Also more variety in the sort of questions (not just plain multiple choice). I hope this is also the case with the other 2012 exams. But I guess I will find out soon enough. 😀

[font="Courier New"]______________________________________________________
    ... to select or not to select, that's the question...[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply