MDAC 2.6 SP2 problems

• Hi,

this morning I update MDAC on our server running MS 2000 server (Service Pack 3). We are running SQL server 2000 service pack 3 as our database server. On the front end we are using ASP to connect to the SQL server and display data to the user.

So, the problem I am facing is when ever there is a Database Open Connection to the SQL server (we are using system DSN to open a connection), I am getting the following error:

Error Type:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

display_page.asp, line 28

(line 28 is where I am making a Database Open call)

The file was working fine until I downloaded and installed MDAC 2.6 SP2. I have also deleted the DSN I was using and recreated it again. I have no clue whats going on.

please help,

thank you,

Vijju

• SP3 has installed MDAC 2.7 SP1 so you should not install MDAC 2.6. Try to reinstall MDAC 2.7 SP1 to see whether your problems could be fixed.

• Hi Allen,

before installing MDAC 2.6 SP2 I checked the server for existing MDAC using Component Checker utility and it came up saying the closest one I have on my server is MDAC 2.6 RTM. Thats why I went ahead and downloaded and installed MDAC 2.6 SP2.

Vijju

• You have to download the newest MDAC component checker to verify the MDAC version.

Can you post the result of select @@version?

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 03/06/2003 1:03:00 PM

• Hi Allen,

just now checked the version of MDAC Component checker I was using,

Microsoft (R) 2.50.4613.0

Version 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 3)

thanks for all the help,

Vijju

• If you are in SQL Server SP3, you should see 'Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760' in the result of select @@version

• I have Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.194, how can I update?

Just now I installed MDAC 2.7 SP1, and ran my Component Checker, guess what in the Summary Report its showing the following error:

"msjtes40.dll File Field 'FileVersion' mismatch: Expect '4.00.2927.8' Got '4.00.5914.0' Error"

I dont understand this, I download the MDAC 2.7 SP1 from the msdn.microsoft.com.

thanks,

Vijju

• You are not running SQL Server SP3. Instead, You are running SQL Server without any service pack. This could expose your SQL Server with slammer Worm virus attack.

Do you still get same error that was described in your original post after MDAC 2.7 SP1 installed?

Check KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307002 too.

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 03/06/2003 2:15:34 PM

• Yes Allen, I am still facing the same problem I mentioned earlier. Even after installing MDAC 2.7.

I will install the SQL server 2000 SP 3 right off.

really appreciate for all you help with this matter.

• Hi Allen,

I just now installed the SQL server 2000 SP3. But the select @@version still says Microsoft SQL Server 2000 8.00.194.

• Was the SP3 installation successful? Review the sqlsp.log to see any errors in c:\winnt directory.

• looking at the log file (sqlstp.log) doesnt seem like SP3 is getting installed successfully. Any ideas why??

• sqlstp.log is the log file for original SQL Server installation. You should look for sqlsp.log.

• I dont have sqlsp.log file anywhere on my machine. Is there a chance that it is stored under any other name???

• I don't think so. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/sql to download SP3 and reinstall it.

Read the readme file carefully before start the installation.

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 03/07/2003 09:07:44 AM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply