I am getting the below error.

• Hi all,

When i am openning my table in design view in enterprise Manager i am getting this error.

Table could not be loaded ODBC Error[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER][DBNetLIB] connection read(rec()).

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER][DBNetLIB] Genral Network error. Check your network documentation.

It meght be simple only,

Please help

Thanks

Syed Sanaulla Khadri

DBA

• Any one who can help me Please

• Are you getting this error in any other place?

Check the windows logs over and speak with your network team.

• Yes ,

When i am running any query on query analyzer i am getting the same error. We have a junior in network department. I dont thing he will solve this problem can u helpme.

Thanks

Syed Sanaullah Khadri

• Sanaullah (12/2/2008)

Hi all,

When i am openning my table in design view in enterprise Manager i am getting this error.

Table could not be loaded ODBC Error[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER][DBNetLIB] connection read(rec()).

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER][DBNetLIB] Genral Network error. Check your network documentation.

It meght be simple only,

Please help

Thanks

Syed Sanaulla Khadri

DBA

where is the database located. on the same computer or anywhere in remote

kshitij kumar
    kshitij@krayknot.com
    www.krayknot.com

• its located on the remote computer and i am accessing this using linked server

• Sanaullah (12/3/2008)

its located on the remote computer and i am accessing this using linked server

may be it is due to that you dont have permissions to create the table or there may be the network failure.

why dont you test it by creating a temp table or by executing any select statement on that dB

kshitij kumar
    kshitij@krayknot.com
    www.krayknot.com

• I am having the sysadmin privileges, ok can be a network problem. Just now i saw my logs an i got this message

The SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent query. This Limit has been exceededby 1 query and performance might be adversely affected.

• Using this command you can check how many transaction are currently open.

--This command gets you the spid of open transactions.

DBCC opentran

Check how many open transactions are there on the server.

• Gauthama Kolivad (12/3/2008)

Using this command you can check how many transaction are currently open.

--This command gets you the spid of open transactions.

DBCC opentran

Check how many open transactions are there on the server.

how

DBCC opentran will help for such error

"Genral Network error. Check your network documentation"

kshitij kumar
    kshitij@krayknot.com
    www.krayknot.com

• I am having the sysadmin privileges, ok can be a network problem. Just now i saw my logs an i got this message

The SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent query. This Limit has been exceededby 1 query and performance might be adversely affected.

DBCC opentran

will help to get the no of open transactions. Since its related concurrent query .... check the above message.

To check this it will help.

But if you are getting any network error as you mentioned it will not help.

• No active open transactions

• Gauthama Kolivad (12/3/2008)

I am having the sysadmin privileges, ok can be a network problem. Just now i saw my logs an i got this message

DBCC opentran

will help to get the no of open transactions. Since its related concurrent query .... check the above message.

To check this it will help.

But if you are getting any network error as you mentioned it will not help.

do you think that while creating a table the open transactions matters, and if yes . how??

kshitij kumar
    kshitij@krayknot.com
    www.krayknot.com

I dont have any open transaction.

I dont have any open transaction.

Then it is not due to concurrent query issue.... but why it is showing that message.

as

What you can do is try to connect to the server from different machine and check.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply