I am getting the below error.

• I tied from different machine now, i am getting the same problem now and i got this error message also

SQL Server connection broken. Want to retry.

• Well, as I suggested, you need to get your network team involved - junior or not - they are still in a job for their network knowledge.

They need to see what is causing the errors. You need to check the logs at the database server end and also look at the firewalls, switches, vpn etc that may reside between your clients and server.

• I tied from different machine now, i am getting the same problem now and i got this error message also

SQL Server connection broken. Want to retry.

Since its not working different system also then ... there may be network error or linking problem....

If possible try is it work from the server itself ... ask your network or system administrator or using remote desktop ... try working in the server... and check is it working there.

If it is not working from the server also... then some problem with sql server... check the sql service is running.

If the sql service is running then it may be due to some deadlock.

If it is development server .. try to restart the sql service and check.

There are numerous possibilities are there... you need to check step by step.

We cant exactly figure this out without having more information.

• Sanaullah (12/3/2008)

its located on the remote computer and i am accessing this using linked server

[font="Verdana"]

I think we all missed this 🙂 He is using a linked server to access and is not able to connect. Most probably the reason might be because his login is not mapped to a remote login.

Sanaullah, check your linked server config and see what you have in the security tab.

See the attachment for some details.[/font]

-Hope is a heuristic search :smooooth: ~Hemanth
  • Yes I think it may be the case.

• Brothers,

The problem is i am not able to open the table in design view on my system and other system also but i can open it on my server remotely. Its a production server and i said to him regarding the problem he came and sat on my system saw the error executed it in Google nothing has happen he went off

Really we don't have any senior to solve the problems we have to find it out.

• Sanaullah (12/3/2008)

The SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent query. This Limit has been exceededby 1 query and performance might be adversely affected.

You've got MSDE there. (free, restricted version of SQL 2000)

It's got a built-in restriction as to the number of concurrent connections. So if you have more than 8 people running queries at the same time, one or more of those queries will be throttled down.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply