Geeky Entertainment

• call.copse (2/28/2014)

I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.

Agree, that would be tough.

However it could be an interesting series over a few years, explaining the background and process.

• My wish list of book conversions (that haven't already been mentioned):

Magic Kingdom for Sale -- Sold! by Terry Brooks

The Caverns of Socrates by Dennis McKiernan

The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracey Hickman

The Warlock in Spite of Himself by Christopher Stasheff.

And while I don't know if I'd want to see it, I'm surprised the Drizzt Do'Urden books by R.A. Salvatore haven't been made already.

• I actually left of the Honor Harrington books (got almost all of them so far) because there's talk of adapting the second book, "Honor of the Queen" to a movie already.

😀

I have long read and re-read the Honor Harrington series from David Weber (Baen Publishing). A great space "naval" series surrounding Ms. Harrington and all the trials of serving in Her Majesties Space Force. Great stories all!! Good detail, at least five "other" books of short stories that give the reader back fill on life styles, and other aspects of society in the Star Kingdom of Manticore. For us ex-navy types, a great way to dream about going into space without really being there.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/28/2014)

call.copse (2/28/2014)

I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.

Agree, that would be tough.

However it could be an interesting series over a few years, explaining the background and process.

I've been wanting Foundation as well, and it should probably be done as a series via AMC or similar.

The story I keep wishing would be done, and is supposedly in the Marvel cycle, is Doctor Strange.

Beer's Law: Absolutum obsoletum
    "if it works it's out-of-date"

• Since video games are fair game for adaptation (they're even planning a Minecraft movie...words fail me :crazy:) I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Planescape: Torment. It's one of the few video games which has enough story to fill a full feature, too!

• The story I keep wishing would be done, and is supposedly in the Marvel cycle, is Doctor Strange.

Seconded. I wondered why they weren't doing this rather than Superman and Spiderman reboots.

• paul.knibbs (2/28/2014)

Since video games are fair game for adaptation (they're even planning a Minecraft movie...words fail me :crazy:) I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Planescape: Torment. It's one of the few video games which has enough story to fill a full feature, too!

Why not a Space Invaders then. Maybe Asteroids, or Pitfall.:-D

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• below86 (2/28/2014)

paul.knibbs (2/28/2014)

Since video games are fair game for adaptation (they're even planning a Minecraft movie...words fail me :crazy:) I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Planescape: Torment. It's one of the few video games which has enough story to fill a full feature, too!

I'm sorry....

http://ingame-discuss.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/07/11/7060353-space-invaders-the-movie-yes-space-invaders-the-movie?lite

http://screenrant.com/asteroids-movie-coming-big-screen-ross-15521/

and while Pitfall doesn't have an adaptation, Pitfall Harry has made a few guest appearances on TV:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0077839/

• I may be only one of a few who actually liked the Green Lantern movie, it could have been better. But the whole concept lends itself to easily change the main characters actor and it won't hurt the story line. You would only need Ryan Reynolds for an hour or so for him to pass off the ring to someone else. I thought the set up at the end lead for a more interesting movie in GL fighting Sinestro.

Besides a Wonder Woman, how about Flash, or Hawk Girl(or Man)?

On the Marvel side Rouge would be good, if she was more like the character from the comics and animated series not the X-Men movies.

• below86 (2/28/2014)

Wonder Woman!! Linda Carter is still hot.

:w00t::cool:

Another book I wouldn't mind seeing made into a movie would be Fallen Angels by Niven / Pournelle / Barnes (I think on Barnes)

Maybe also Back to the Moon by Homer Hickam (Jr)

• mwyss (2/28/2014)

below86 (2/28/2014)

paul.knibbs (2/28/2014)

I'm sorry....

http://ingame-discuss.nbcnews.com/_news/2011/07/11/7060353-space-invaders-the-movie-yes-space-invaders-the-movie?lite

http://screenrant.com/asteroids-movie-coming-big-screen-ross-15521/

and while Pitfall doesn't have an adaptation, Pitfall Harry has made a few guest appearances on TV:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0077839/%5B/quote%5D

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking forward to seeing these. 🙂 How about Q'bert then.

• below86 (2/28/2014)

paul.knibbs (2/28/2014)

Minesweeper! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs

Beer's Law: Absolutum obsoletum
    "if it works it's out-of-date"

• Didn't think about comic adaptations, although being a Marvel fan for a long time, I'm quite happy right now...

Now, for an interesting idea for a comic movie...

Batman vs Aliens

Batman vs Predator

Yes, these were actual comics, put out by Dark Horse when they had the Aliens and Predator rights (and I think they still do,) and they teamed up with DC to put these out.

Maybe a movie based of the RPG ShadowRun could be cool. Cyberpunk and magic in one movie? Dragons? Orks on motorcycles packing machine guns? Yes, please!

• mgdoyle (2/28/2014)

The story I keep wishing would be done, and is supposedly in the Marvel cycle, is Doctor Strange.

Seconded. I wondered why they weren't doing this rather than Superman and Spiderman reboots.

Spiderman reboots occur due to the licence that Sony Pictures have. If they make a Spiderman film within a certain period of the last release date they keep the license otherwise the licence terminates. Hence no Marvel made Spiderman films.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Dredd sequel.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply