Are the posted questions getting worse?

• If you're feeling the itch and things are slow.....

Looking for good questions of the day and articles on practical topics.

Just got a CDC article that covers setup, but not some practical use. Are there things you do regularly with PoSh, T-SQL, etc. and solve issues? Write up a short piece.

• I'm working here as most of the people in my office. Except for my boss who said he was sick and now I have to fix all the problems he left.

Happy New Year to all!

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • spaghettidba (1/1/2015)

Happy New Year everybody!

And there's a very special thank you message for every single one of you on my blog here! 🙂

Thank you for involving me in the most addictive technology community in the world!

Awesome - Congrats

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/2/2015)

Happy New Year everyone!

Who, like me, is at work today?

I am

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Happy New Year everyone!

Me. We have a full IT staff today (nine including the CIO). 😀

Even though the office was closed yesterday, I remoted in to check some backups.

Happy New Year everyone!

I must be the saddest (read nerdiest/most pathetic) in this bunch, got the day off but still spent 10 hours doing research:crazy:

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (1/2/2015)

Stefan Krzywicki (1/2/2015)

Happy New Year everyone!

I must be the saddest (read nerdiest/most pathetic) in this bunch, got the day off but still spent 10 hours doing research:crazy:

😎

Nope... not the saddest, not the nerdiest, nor most pathetic. I did that on Christmas day because I didn't want to do anything else. 😀 Heh... T-SQL is actually a hobby of mine as well as my job.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/2/2015)

If you're feeling the itch and things are slow.....

Looking for good ... articles on practical topics.

Heh... I've got a bunch that I've been researching after serious bouts of recent practical implementations. They're coming...

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden (1/2/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (1/2/2015)

Stefan Krzywicki (1/2/2015)

Happy New Year everyone!

😎

Nope... not the saddest, not the nerdiest, nor most pathetic. I did that on Christmas day because I didn't want to do anything else. 😀 Heh... T-SQL is actually a hobby of mine as well as my job.

Thanks Jeff, it's a relieve knowing one is not alone:-)

😎

• Now I see that my post could be seen as bragging, when all I wanted to do was nothing but say "thank you". I'm hopelessly bad at soft skills. 🙁

It really was the beginning of a journey for me when I first hit the "post" button for the first time many years ago!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• spaghettidba (1/2/2015)

Now I see that my post could be seen as bragging, when all I wanted to do was nothing but say "thank you". I'm hopelessly bad at soft skills. 🙁

It really was the beginning of a journey for me when I first hit the "post" button for the first time many years ago!

Oh no. You did fine. The "thank you" came out loud and clear, ol' friend. The rest was all you and you absolutely have the right to brag about this. Well done, again!

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• ... Mark one off, 56 days on the calendar to go. 56 days on the calendar to go, 56 days to go, ...

• Happy newyear to everyone!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Jeff Moden (1/2/2015)

spaghettidba (1/2/2015)

Now I see that my post could be seen as bragging, when all I wanted to do was nothing but say "thank you". I'm hopelessly bad at soft skills. 🙁

Oh no. You did fine. The "thank you" came out loud and clear, ol' friend. The rest was all you and you absolutely have the right to brag about this. Well done, again!

This is something to be tremendously proud of accomplishing.

And it is something that you don't do just on your own. Many people also have to see and appreciate your hard work for you to get the formal recognition.

The braggers are best in the world at something (well sometimes everything), and most notably, it is them and only them, that put them there. If you forget this 'fact', they will be quick to remind you.

On the opposite end, I usually see many of the very best rarely bring up the topic of how good they might be at something.

If you pick their brain about something, they see no need for self promotion.

A very well deserved Congrats from this corner of the world!

Big difference between bragging and just trying to let people know and thank them for their part of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46,786 through 46,800 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply