Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Quiet around here the last couple days...

Are we trying to let Gails' posting catch up with the post count of this thread again, or did everyone take the couple days after New Years off?

So, unrelated to anything:

Who here likes hockey? Were you rooting for the Red Wings or the Maple Leafs in the Winter Classic on Wednesday?

Me, Wings fan, and froze my tush watching the game (yes, I got the wife and I tickets)

πŸ˜€

• jasona.work (1/3/2014)

Quiet around here the last couple days...

Are we trying to let Gails' posting catch up with the post count of this thread again, or did everyone take the couple days after New Years off?

Who here likes hockey? Were you rooting for the Red Wings or the Maple Leafs in the Winter Classic on Wednesday?

Me, Wings fan, and froze my tush watching the game (yes, I got the wife and I tickets)

πŸ˜€

Some are probably shoveling snow.:w00t:

No new snow here, but schools are already announcing Monday shutdowns due to predicted high of -18, and wind chills of -50.

So maybe under the weather is part of it.

Just glad I don't live 250 miles north. -40 or less most of the week.

• Greg Edwards-268690 (1/3/2014)

jasona.work (1/3/2014)

Quiet around here the last couple days...

πŸ˜€

Some are probably shoveling snow.:w00t:

No new snow here, but schools are already announcing Monday shutdowns due to predicted high of -18, and wind chills of -50.

So maybe under the weather is part of it.

Just glad I don't live 250 miles north. -40 or less most of the week.

WOW! And here I thought it was pretty cold here in Michigan. Our wind chill was -10 to -20 overnight, but that's your ambient temperature. As for the snow, we're not even dug out from the recent snow yet and I just saw that they're calling for it to start up again Saturday night with 1-3, Sunday 3-5 and Sunday night 1-3. It you add it up, that comes out to a sore back. After 2 full weeks off school, I have a feeling my daughter might have Monday off as well.

• Check out International Falls for the last week or so.

Brrrrr......

Hope you weren't without power over Xmas.

Had some friends in Lansing that were lucky enough to find a generator.

I can deal with cold, but no power would be horrible.

• Greg Edwards-268690 (1/3/2014)

Check out International Falls for the last week or so.

Brrrrr......

Hope you weren't without power over Xmas.

Had some friends in Lansing that were lucky enough to find a generator.

I can deal with cold, but no power would be horrible.

There was a swath across Michigan just north of us that got around 1/2" of ice. It covered everything and the power company was gracious enough to get most people restored, but it took them 8 days to do it. :w00t:

I saw the International Falls data on the Weather Channel. That's almost surreal.

• Holiday time for me. Lots of vacation to use up, and I've been mostly unwired.

That's cold weather up in MN. Its been up and down here. We've had plenty of sub 10F days, dropping below zero at night (those are cold nights). However we've had 50-60 F a few days in the last couple weeks as well. Crazy when I can be outside in a t-shirt or sweatshirt for half the day and a winter coat and hat the other.

• The really odd part of the cold - for as cold as it's been, the snow has kept the ice from getting too thick.

We can drive on it down here, but a little over 100 miles north, there is only 7 inches.

And on Mille Lacs, they can't get the plow trucks out for the roads.

Guess a couple have dropped in.

Polar Plunge!

• 47 degrees and sunny here in the Pacific Northwest. Now who's laughing!

• dwilander (1/3/2014)

47 degrees and sunny here in the Pacific Northwest. Now who's laughing!

People in Trinidad?

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Got me there. I should have said who among my US East Coast friends who constantly give me grief about the rain here can laugh now.

BTW I do hope you all are staying safe and warm...

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/3/2014)

dwilander (1/3/2014)

People in Trinidad?

dwilander did not mention that only two days ago, on Wednesday, we had a 10-day forecast of -2/3 degrees F for the next Tuesday and beyond. (-19 to -16 C for you rational types.) Fortunately, pocket of the Arctic air stopped and we will get only (more) rain.

• We really dodged the bullet with the "Hercules" snowstorm than nailed New England. We only got about 6 inches here about 20 miles north of Detroit.

That's about to change... we're supposed to get a foot of snow Saturday night into Sunday night and sub zero temperatures and that's supposed to be followed by frequent lake-effect snow showers. Since I'm too busy to go skinny-dipping this week, that's ok by me.

I did live down on Key West for 26 months when I was in the Navy. It was a whole lot of fun (I lived right on Duval street just a couple of blocks from Hemingway's bar) but it was missing one thing... really cold weather to kill the really big bugs. πŸ˜‰ Being an avid motorcyclist at the time, I have to tell you that I really, really hated "Love Bug" season.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/3/2014)

We've had plenty of sub 10F days, dropping below zero at night (those are cold nights). However we've had 50-60 F a few days in the last couple weeks as well. Crazy when I can be outside in a t-shirt or sweatshirt for half the day and a winter coat and hat the other.

I guess I'm a cold weather wimp. It was down to 14 C today, at about 7 am, when I woke up, and again after 8 pm; so I wore a heavy sweater in the morning. Early afternoon I had to shed the sweater, because it was 24 C and I was going to walk a couple of miles on pretty steep hills to meet up with my wife (who wanted to go via all sorts of boring shops, on the flat coastal route, hence apartness) for lunch. For me that was a cold day. Well, during the summer I'm in the UK a lot, and get aclimatised to that sort of thing (or something similar - it rarely hits 24) so it doesn't seem cold

Tom

• Stefan Krzywicki (1/3/2014)

dwilander (1/3/2014)

People in Trinidad?

:-D:-);-):hehe:

The Pacific NW is far too cold! :exclamationmark: :exclamationmark::laugh:

Tom

• Revenant (1/3/2014)

Stefan Krzywicki (1/3/2014)

dwilander (1/3/2014)

People in Trinidad?

dwilander did not mention that only two days ago, on Wednesday, we had a 10-day forecast of -2/3 degrees F for the next Tuesday and beyond. (-19 to -16 C for you rational types.) Fortunately, pocket of the Arctic air stopped and we will get only (more) rain.

Hopefully will stay warm enough to be just rain.

That ice or snow around the freezing point is nasty.

A few weeks ago, we had some really awesome sun dogs.

Enjoy your sun while you can.

Viewing 15 posts - 42,511 through 42,525 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply