Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Stefan Krzywicki (3/6/2012)

I had that problem with Cheeze-Its yesterday. It says Made with 100% Real Cheese on the front, but when you look at the ingredients, the first thing is wheat.

:laugh:

'Makes me wonder, people commonly bake their own bread, but I've never heard of anyone cooking their own crackers.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• Look, the first invisible car?

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

• mtillman-921105 (3/6/2012)

Stefan Krzywicki (3/6/2012)

I had that problem with Cheeze-Its yesterday. It says Made with 100% Real Cheese on the front, but when you look at the ingredients, the first thing is wheat.

'Makes me wonder, people commonly bake their own bread, but I've never heard of anyone cooking their own crackers.

As long as all the cheese that is used is real cheese, and not "cheese food", then I think that makes sense.

And now I'm hungry for baked cheese.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (3/6/2012)

mtillman-921105 (3/6/2012)

As long as all the cheese that is used is real cheese, and not "cheese food", then I think that makes sense.

And now I'm hungry for baked cheese.

Behold, the power of CHEESE.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• You are right. Not just here but in almost every forum I see an increasing number of questions on very basic concepts. Perhaps RTFM should be the initial response.

• cvyc06 (3/6/2012)

You are right. Not just here but in almost every forum I see an increasing number of questions on very basic concepts. Perhaps RTFM should be the initial response.

Welcome to "The Thread" where this actually has become a place for SQL Server Central dwellers to talk about whatever we want. 'Only rule is that you will usually be scolded if you post code here though... ๐Ÿ™‚

• cvyc06 (3/6/2012)

You are right. Not just here but in almost every forum I see an increasing number of questions on very basic concepts. Perhaps RTFM should be the initial response.

Woohoo, on-topic again!

Back off-topic: apparently SQL Server 2012 RTM is released (evaluation edition).

General availability is for the first of April. Why does that make me skeptical?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (3/6/2012)

cvyc06 (3/6/2012)

Woohoo, on-topic again!

Back off-topic: apparently SQL Server 2012 RTM is released (evaluation edition).

General availability is for the first of April. Why does that make me skeptical?

I don't think it makes you skeptical. I think you doubt it because you're already skeptical and the industry tends to be... shall we say "ambitious" when it comes to release dates.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Stefan Krzywicki (3/6/2012)

I assume that they're saying some of the cheese is real, (and thus, 100% real), even if 99.99% of the cheese is fake.

Either that, or I'm one of jcrawf02's reading comp failures.

Peter MaloofServing Data

• Peter Maloof (3/6/2012)

I assume that they're saying some of the cheese is real, (and thus, 100% real), even if 99.99% of the cheese is fake.

Either that, or I'm one of jcrawf02's reading comp failures.

When I realized I'd thought it was 100% cheese and that it was actually a cheese-flavored cracker, my first thought was "Of course it is, what was I thinking!?"

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• And a week of troubleshooting later I'm back.

If, for some reason, you just can't seem to get the login for SSC to work (page cannot be displayed), turn on SSL 2.0 in your advanced options under security.

*facepalm*

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Evil Kraig F (3/6/2012)

And a week of troubleshooting later I'm back.

If, for some reason, you just can't seem to get the login for SSC to work (page cannot be displayed), turn on SSL 2.0 in your advanced options under security.

*facepalm*

That took you a week? wow. ๐Ÿ˜›

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (3/6/2012)

Evil Kraig F (3/6/2012)

*facepalm*

Well, it took my helpdesk a week. I know crap about random IE settings and website design and new vs. old and they were busier than my 'non-critical' issue indicated. That and this stumped two of them, too.

The fact that my work PC is a policied locked up nightmare doesn't help matters.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

• jcrawf02 (3/6/2012)

Evil Kraig F (3/6/2012)

*facepalm*

Better yet - stop using Internet Exploder

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (3/6/2012)

jcrawf02 (3/6/2012)

Evil Kraig F (3/6/2012)

*facepalm*

Better yet - stop using Internet Exploder

Well, problem 1 with that, see above. Attempts to download Firefox end with a 'Stop cheatin' the system!' result.

Problem 2... I LIKE IE. *shrugs* It does what I need... usually.

- Craig Farrell

Viewing 15 posts - 34,591 through 34,605 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply