Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Craig Farrell (11/11/2010)

Websense hates me. Have to check that from home.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dear gods, did I just generate a meme?

Yep, and it looks like you beat 4chan to it!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Gail, the google link doesn't return anything for me.... 🙁

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Well, I'm off to give my first presentation of "Comparing Tables Variables and Temporary Tables" to my UG tonight. Wish me good tidings, smooth talk, and all the other stuff you need for public speaking.

Wayne

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    Performance Problems

• WayneS (11/11/2010)

Well, I'm off to give my first presentation of "Comparing Tables Variables and Temporary Tables" to my UG tonight. Wish me good tidings, smooth talk, and all the other stuff you need for public speaking.

May you avoid tripping over your shoelaces on the way to the podium (or just the front of the room).

May your pants not fall off.

And may you remember the English language when you start speaking.

There. If you're neurotic enough, you'll now be paranoid about those things the whole time. (Sort of a "whatever you do, don't think about elephants" trick.)

😛

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (11/11/2010)

Craig Farrell (11/11/2010)

Websense hates me. Have to check that from home.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dear gods, did I just generate a meme?

Yep, and it looks like you beat 4chan to it!

Same here, right now, but it was working earlier. Looks like the search cannot find the results it found earlier.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Nor here any longer. Guess the results are no longer 'latest'

Just a list of several people retweeting and/or agreeing with Grant's initial tweet

From @SQLintheWild : Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of joins, I shall fear no scans, for thou art the optimizer...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • WayneS (11/11/2010)

Well, I'm off to give my first presentation of "Comparing Tables Variables and Temporary Tables" to my UG tonight. Wish me good tidings, smooth talk, and all the other stuff you need for public speaking.

Don't try saying 'statistics' 5 times in under a minute.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/11/2010)

WayneS (11/11/2010)

C***. I've got one demo where I'm showing how the last of statistics treats table variables as having only one row. I'll have to be careful on that one!!!

Wayne

Links:
    Performance Problems

• WayneS (11/11/2010)

GilaMonster (11/11/2010)

WayneS (11/11/2010)

C***. I've got one demo where I'm showing how the last of statistics treats table variables as having only one row. I'll have to be careful on that one!!!

And for God's sake, don't stutter when you say st-st-stat-t-ist-t-ics

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (11/11/2010)

WayneS (11/11/2010)

GilaMonster (11/11/2010)

WayneS (11/11/2010)

And for God's sake, don't stutter when you say st-st-stat-t-ist-t-ics

and leave out anything static or sadistic.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (11/5/2010)

Does dislocating my shoulder at least 13 times count?

Surgery twice didn't completely fix the problem. 🙁

I've always wondered if by dislocating your shoulder you'd be able to kiss your own elbow (and therefore defeat one of Nature's cruelest ironies). I guess intense pain and a "what's happened to my shoulder?!?!" running through your mind were probably your more immediate concerns, but looking back do you think it would it have been at all possible?

Oh and thanks for your replies on my DW post - both have seriously helped me to get my head around what I was trying to think about. 🙂

MAXIM 106:
    "To know things well, we must know the details; and as they are almost infinite, our knowledge is always superficial and imperfect."
    Francois De La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680)

• GilaMonster (11/11/2010)

Nor here any longer. Guess the results are no longer 'latest'

Just a list of several people retweeting and/or agreeing with Grant's initial tweet

From @SQLintheWild : Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of joins, I shall fear no scans, for thou art the optimizer...

Thy index seek and thy merge join they comfort me....

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• The Dixie Flatline (11/11/2010)

GilaMonster (11/11/2010)

Nor here any longer. Guess the results are no longer 'latest'

Thy index seek and thy merge join they comfort me....

I think I like this better that what Craig has.

Wayne

Links:
    Performance Problems

• I have a few articles that I am finishing up currently. Is there anybody that would like to give them a look-over before I submit them?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I'd be happy to Jason, if you will include a picture of what you look like.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Viewing 15 posts - 21,376 through 21,390 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply