Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jason,

The blog image, is one that you configure in the "Change How My Blog Looks", not your personal avatar.

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/14/2010)

Jason,

The blog image, is one that you configure in the "Change How My Blog Looks", not your personal avatar.

I tried that spot. I get an infinite redirect loop.

See this post about it.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic922189-433-1.aspx

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I'm feeling just a little bit sarcastic this friday night...

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic922329-146-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/14/2010)

I'm feeling just a little bit sarcastic this friday night...

I think it was just right, Gail!

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Gail, you weren't that bad. I thought that was pretty nice.

I'm feeling just a little bit sarcastic this friday night...

I thought you should have said "Would you like an apple pie with that?"

Learn Extended Events

• Nice set of rules / guidelines[/url] for Authors.

Learn Extended Events

• I'm all for optimism, but it might be just a little bit misplaced here. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost922808.aspx

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GilaMonster (5/17/2010)

I'm all for optimism, but it might be just a little bit misplaced here. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost922808.aspx

Maybe a binary file editor 🙂

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (5/17/2010)

GilaMonster (5/17/2010)

I'm all for optimism, but it might be just a little bit misplaced here. http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost922808.aspx

Maybe a binary file editor 🙂

Oh a hex editor will work. I can probably count on one hand the number of people in the world who know the file structure and page structure well enough to do that, and all but one work at MS (and the one used to), but it'll work.

Don't even want to think how long it'd take if there anything more than a handful of pages damaged.

Gail Shaw

Chris Morris-439714 (5/14/2010)

Anybody with the initials JC is doomed to have uncompetitive people skills but this guy really takes the biscuit.

Apparently he's actually a very nice guy and the attitude is an act that he puts on when posting on forums/writing articles. I think I recall him saying that it was his way of making sure that people pay attention. Not something I agree with (more flies with honey idea), but it's not that he has no people skills, it's that he intentionally acts that way.

(for the record, I don't like him very much)

I've interacted with him a couple of times in the real world and he was a completely nice gentleman. Hard to reconcile with the guy that posts on these forums.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Um, Steve, not sure what's going on here, but the Database Weekly newsletter shows a link to this article: Are you Making This Common RAM Mistake?, which seems to have been posted by an MS employee, Anu Chawla? Only the article seems to reference the author as Wayne Berry, and the same article is published under his name here[/url]? (noted that google shows he also has twitter posts about the article, can't get to twitter from here)

What's then even more confusing is that the Wayne Berry article then has a link at the bottom to an 'original post' of the article, which takes us to then another blog by Anu Chawla?

Not sure if you inadvertantly posted a link to a plagiarized article or not?

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• If that is plagiarised, MS needs to be informed (I know a couple people I can speak to there), seeing as that is an MSDN blog.

Note that there's some reasonably bad info there anyway. I kinda went to town over the weekend commenting there.

Gail Shaw

• GilaMonster (5/17/2010)

If that is plagiarised, MS needs to be informed (I know a couple people I can speak to there), seeing as that is an MSDN blog.

Note that there's some reasonably bad info there anyway. I kinda went to town over the weekend commenting there.

Is that why the comments are disabled? 😉

Noticed that the "other" post with Anu's name attached is for the company that he states was a former employer prior to MS, so he may have just cross-posted the plagiarism.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Grant Fritchey (5/17/2010)

GilaMonster (5/14/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (5/14/2010)

Anybody with the initials JC is doomed to have uncompetitive people skills but this guy really takes the biscuit.

Apparently he's actually a very nice guy and the attitude is an act that he puts on when posting on forums/writing articles. I think I recall him saying that it was his way of making sure that people pay attention. Not something I agree with (more flies with honey idea), but it's not that he has no people skills, it's that he intentionally acts that way.

(for the record, I don't like him very much)

I've interacted with him a couple of times in the real world and he was a completely nice gentleman. Hard to reconcile with the guy that posts on these forums.

Biggest problem is that the forum(s) are usually the first impression people get of him, and first impressions are really the most important. I find myself turned off by his forum persona enough that I really have no desire to meet him in person.

Viewing 15 posts - 15,316 through 15,330 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply