xp_sendmail

• I had to restart the SQL service on one of my servers; since then any sp that attempts to use xp_sendmail fails. The SQL and SQL Agent services are running. I know I forgot to start something, but what?:unsure:

• Depending on how your system is setup there are many varibles but you may want to try to run:

use Master

exec xp_startmail

go

this should return that your mail client has started and from there you should be able to use sp_sendmail.

If this still does not work then you have a configuration problem within the mail client and would have to look to see if the profiles inside outlook are setup properly.

Hope this helps

DHeath

• Thanks for the idea but I get: "SQL Mail session is already started." Everything worked just fine until I restarted the SQL service on the machine. It's almost like there's something I forgot to start. I even ran xp_stopmail then xp_startmail with no change. Is there anything else I can try?

Tim :unsure:

• What is the error message?

• It now works for some reason. I had restart the SQL service on that server for another reason and when I ran my test it worked just fine. It must be the SQL gremlins again :pinch:. Thanks for your help.

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply