writing report in VS, and can't remove a column (hope this is right place)

• I have a report that I created in VS. When I deleted a column from my select, the screen layout would not update, so I kept getting an error. Any way around this =other than building a new report. Sorry if I should ask this elsewhere. Please point me in the right direction.

<><
    Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.

• You need to delete the column from your report as well. It is not automatic

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

• I deleted the header and the column. It left a blank space and when I ran it it gave me an error.

Other thoughts? Clarifications.

<><

• Post the error message, please

Gerald Britton, Pluralsight courses

• Firstly, refresh the fields in your dataset. In your report, not only deleting the column in tablix, you also need to delete all reference to the data field for the delete column in you query. For example, Group expression, Sort expression, or any other expression which uses this filed. Take a look at the error message, it will tell you detail information about where these references locate.

• Black_T: Thanks for the insight. I recently stumbled upon part of your solution, but didn't know the extent of changes that "coulld" be needed.

g_britton: Sorry about not posting the error message. I was never informed of your response, otherwise I would have posted it. I is of course always a good practice to post the error message.

<><

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply