Window XP professional

• I have Window XP professional.  I tried to install analysis service, but it refused to recognize any server.  Finally I got it to work but it did not build the cube correctly.   Eventually it caused my laptop to die. (at least I blamed it on AS).   Anyone had that problem?  Thanks.

• I have installed Analysis Services without issue on Windows XP Pro several times. If you had the error messages you received after the install, that might help a lot. However, Analysis Services shouldn't have been the cause of your laptop dying. Did hardware fail, OS corrupt?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• The problem I got was

'Unable to read the Server Registry, or you are not a member of the OLAP Administrators Group".

I have checked the OLAP Admin group and I am in that group.

I did had SP3 on both SQL Server and Analysis Service.

• I once installed it on XP pro and it killed my cat.

I do not believe Analysis Services killed your computer. If you look at users and groups, you will see a OLAP Admin group. Whatever account you are using to manage AS, must be a member of that group. If you are a member and it won't recognize it, you have other problems with your laptop and installing AS has pointed out that problem. Try removing the user from the group and re-adding, use regclean, defrag ...

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply