Why DTS Package Not Run in Win98?

• Hello,

I have a DTS package which copy and transform some dbf files into SQL Server. This works fine when I run it on Windows 2000 platform (I use dtsrun/dtsrunui to execute the package).

However, the execution of DTS package on Windows 98 always failed. I always got a message that Microsoft Jet engine can't lock the dbf file because it's exlusively used by another process.

I use DBase V as the source of connection to dbf file and SQL OLEDB as the source of the target connection.

Please point me out how to solve this trouble.

Thanks in advance

Hendry

• Are the dbf files on the 98 machine or a remote machine? And have you made sure all active connections in the file have cleared. May be locked by another process and DTS just cannot lock it down.

• The dbf files are on the 98 machine and no other application uses those files.

All I do is just copying the files into a directory and then execute the package, but it always failed on 98 machine, even though I have rebooted the machine.

The odd thing here is that it works smoothly on all flavours of Win2000 machines.

Any ideas?

Hendry

• Take a look here and see if this applies http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q230/1/25.ASP

Edited by - antares686 on 06/12/2003 04:59:30 AM

• Great! It works.

Thanks very much.

Hendry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply