While restoring the database full/differential/ log file am getting an error like "Exclusive action could not be obtained because the database in use"

• (Sorry for all the duplicates.)

• Hey, it's no problem :-). It's just difficult to know what's going on without being able to see it directly.

What's the situation now? Your restore of Full and Differential was ok, yes?

• Thank u once again sir....

Sir now am able to restore the full(with norecovery),Diff (with norecovery),log with norecovery and last tail log with recovery.

But the thing is if i have one log i can able to restore but if i have more than one log then am getting problem sir.

i have to work out on that.

Anyway Thank U so much sir..

Regards

Jagadeesh....

Regards
    Chowdary...

• The error message in the screenshot you posted earlier was because your log file was older than your full and differential backups (it was taken before they were), so you couldn't restore it. That's normal and correct.

If you want, try scripting out the restore action so we can have a look at it.

• The error message in the screenshot you posted earlier was because your log file was older than your full and differential backups (it was taken before they were), so you couldn't restore it. That's normal and correct.

If you want, try scripting out the restore action so we can have a look at it.

• Dear Sir,

Am Using 2008,

i have restored the full and Differential backup with norecovery model,

But when am trying to restore the log files am getting all the Log files and Tail Log also.

In that i have un select the Tail log and restored all the Logs with norecovery model.And now am trying to restore the Tail Log File,But along with Tail Log all the Tlog files are coming ,Here i can't able to select the TailLog,If i select only Tail log form available logs automatically all the normal logs are selecting,Here i want to restore only Tail Log File because i have restored the logs with norecovery model.

Regards

Jagadeesh

Regards
    Chowdary...

• Put the db in single user mode , then try to restore the database .

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply