Which SSIS transformation to used

• I have to import data from Excel to Database .

In between that i need to check several validations such as duplicates, Distinct rows , quantity cannot be negative etc etc .

So which transformation should i use to check validations. i need to check around 7 validations before the data goes into the DB table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards, Bhavika

• bhavika.chauhan (4/15/2011)

I have to import data from Excel to Database .

In between that i need to check several validations such as duplicates, Distinct rows , quantity cannot be negative etc etc .

So which transformation should i use to check validations. i need to check around 7 validations before the data goes into the DB table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards, Bhavika

The aggregate transformation will remove dups for you.

Use the derived column transformation to tweak the values in columns ...

If you want to redirect invalid rows, use a conditional split to send rubbish data to a different destination (eg an error file).

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Can you let me know how to use Aggregate transformation to remove duplicate. I tried using Aggregate but it just gave me count of all the columns .

• bhavika.chauhan (4/15/2011)

Can you let me know how to use Aggregate transformation to remove duplicate. I tried using Aggregate but it just gave me count of all the columns .

See the sample attachment

• Please help.

I have to check this condition : (select count(distinct columnName) From tablename) > 1

Which transformation should i use for it .

• bhavika.chauhan (4/16/2011)

Please help.

I have to check this condition : (select count(distinct columnName) From tablename) > 1

Which transformation should i use for it .

Create an integer package variable (scoped to the package, not a specific task).

Create an Execute SQL task that executes the query for you. In the properties of the task, you will see that you can assign the result of the query to a variable - select the variable you just created (sorry, not got BIDS open so can't remember the exact properties to use).

After this task, use appropriate precedence constraints to direct the package flow accordingly, based on the value of the variable.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply