Which country is best for Outsourcing?

• Heh, my English is really bad 🙁

what I meant to say: How do you stop someone (company) from Outsourcing?

It's really bad that they outsource and now they want the share of the money from stimulus.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• umar iqbal (3/27/2009)

Doc,

I need to know this myself how can you stop companies from outsourcing. IBM recently fired 5000 US employees this thursday and hired 5000 in INDIA.

I think if we bring our rate down it will help. But you know what I think its more than pay difference. Being a democratic country US always promote INDIA against China and all this politaical game play important rule there also. To my wonder i have no clue why US will out source IRS work to INDIA.

I was told that work go out then come back but I am not seeing that. it goes out and then it goes out more.

Being a US citizen I hope our government is taking into consideration all aspects before outsourcing. i hope they are working for PPl of america. As you know

Govenment of the People is by the people and for people.

It's all part of "free enterprise" and "capitalism".... so, when the nation finds out about crud moves like what IBM just pulled, there needs to be an exercise based on those two things that come down to just one thing... a boycott on IBM products... I mean big time and across the board. IBM makes the 2nd major company on my list I'll never by from again because of their outsourcing policy. We need to plug the wholes on the ship with the bodies of the rats trying to leave it.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• IBM can run their business however they want, but I don't want to support them, and neither should our government.

• Alan (3/25/2009)

I have worked with India, Indonesia, US and Korea.

My limited observations (a couple of hundred tasks):

India - we had 5 teams I would send the same task to all 5 and usually none of them would work.

Indonesia - the docs took forever and a task had to be long enough to create the docs but would usually work

US - have to review everything as there is frequently undocumented sections to create future work

Korea - so far the best compromise I have found so far, the only issue we have had is slow to adopt new techniques

Why don't you just hire some good folks and do it in-house. No one will pay more attention to detail than an employee especially in this day and age.

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Can I declare my independence and be a country?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (4/20/2009)

Can I declare my independence and be a country?

Thought you already had your own "state". 😛

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Yeah, but I want all the business for myself 😉

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob,

perhaps you want to make a bid on Sealand[/url]?

• That's fascinating, Steve. 🙂 The closing reference to Internet services makes me wonder if any of them read Neal Stevenson's Cryptonomicron.

• Absolutely. I've read pretty much all of his stuff, from Zodiac to Anathem.

• Answer to your question is very simple, USA of course.

Send every thing over to USA, without a doubt there is no better place for software development. As some one said earlier there is no concept of quality control else where. Japan & Germany may be other good quality places but due language barriers they are not viable solutions.

• I think no country is best for outsourcing, only the team or skilled people which you can find in any country.

Where to outsource ? Like if i would like to outsource my work then i won't care language/race/country etc . I only see that the person have any past experience on the similiar project which i would like to award him/her. Most of the outsourcing companies are just willing to work everything , that's why they do not meet the requirement of the customer and failed. Do he/she knows the same level of protocol which i am following or as per my understanding. Like my duty is to draw the clear picture in a standardize technology/Documents map so that my outsourcing team should understand what i want. If i don't have skill to draw clear documented requirement and needs further explaination of each and everything then it means i am not a good consultant and have lacking. Most of the outsource project failed not because of poor outsouricng companies but un-skilled consultant.

• In my opinion, it all depends upon the experiences. Ones own experience and also of the closed ones (friends, co-workers, etc...).

Most of trhe people (including myself) thinks that the Companies in India and Pakistan are the best options for outsourcing. Cheap and efficient.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• I've been very disappointed with every outsourcing venture we've had, so far. Examples include such things as code that has UDF's that call 4 levels of UDF's and things like spending a million dollars over 3 months on their schedule and getting absolute useless crud that met none of the requirements back. My feeling is that, no matter which country you may be in, if you "outsource", do it with a company within driving distance so you can launch some high velocity pork chops up close and in person. 😛

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply