Where is the log of the DTS package?

• Hi experts,

My DTS Package did not run properly in ETL process this morning, and the log entry in ETL software only shows the process is not completed and still running after 5 hours.   I went to SQL Server and didn't see any DTS package is running and wondering where I can see the log of this DTS package.

This DTS package contains 6 individual processes which has ActiveX scripts deleting existing excel files and copy the template excel sheet and rename it.  Then it gets data from a summary table and load the data into the new 6 individual excel sheets.  I don't know which single or couple of processes failed and I need to add error handling to log any errors happened in this DTS package.

Can someone guide to for adding error log and how to retrieve the log?

Thank you.

• 1. Open the package in DTS Designer

2. Right-click in white space and select 'Package Properties'

3. Select the 'Logging' tab and check the box for 'Log package execution to

SQL Server'; make sure you select the local server where the package is 

stored

When the package executes, it will log the status, start time, and end time of each step.

To view the log, 

1. Right-click on the package name (outside of Designer) and select 'Package 

Logs...' 

2. Expand the package version and double-click on the log you're interested 

in. 

3. Double-click on steps with a red X in the status column to see the error0  

Greg

Greg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply