Where are you?

• Ray K (10/6/2010)

So whose towns have the best brew-pubs?

Congleton, Cheshire, England has The Beartown Tap (pb) which serves ales brewed locally by The Beartown Brewery.

Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotlan has The Eagle Inn (pub) with alses brewed locally by the Bellhaven Brewery

Alloa, Clackmannan, Scotland has the Williams Brothers Brewery which brews half a dozen Scottish Gruits as well as a lot of other beers; the Fraoch 20th Anniversary Ale in particular is excellent (and teh ordinary Fraoch is almost as good).

There's three candidates: but you'll never get people agreeing what's the best brew - for example there are (amazingly) people from Ontario who think Trafalgar Cream Ale is drinkable, and don't like much better Canadian beers like the Gulf Islands Brewery's Heatherdale Ale.

Tom

• College Station, TX - Home of the fight'n Texas Aggies!

• Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Australia. That is on the east coast of our little island, a bit more than half-way up the side. And no, we do not have kangaroos out the back - but you can easily drive to see them! 😎

• Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Australia. That is on the east coast of our little island, a bit more than half-way up the side. And no, we do not have kangaroos out the back - but you can easily drive to see them! 😎

• Tom.Thomson (10/6/2010)

Ray K (10/6/2010)

Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotlan has The Eagle Inn (pub) with alses brewed locally by the Bellhaven Brewery

Belhaven gets my vote - we had a daytrip to the brewery in my last year of undergrad. OTOH the Fraoch stuff ...I've only tried the Heather Ale and it's awful.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• lfletcher 42102 (10/6/2010)

Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Australia. That is on the east coast of our little island, a bit more than half-way up the side. And no, we do not have kangaroos out the back - but you can easily drive to see them! 😎

And you posted it three times just to rub it in??? πŸ˜‰

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• tosscrosby (10/7/2010)

lfletcher 42102 (10/6/2010)

Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Australia. That is on the east coast of our little island, a bit more than half-way up the side. And no, we do not have kangaroos out the back - but you can easily drive to see them! 😎

And you posted it three times just to rub it in??? πŸ˜‰

Hey, he's just trying to get a jump on 2,000,000 posts! πŸ˜€

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Ray K (10/6/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (10/6/2010)

juliekenny (10/5/2010)

Suffolk

England

(UK)

St Peter's brewery! Nice!

I suppose I should chime in, seeing that I started this . . .

Here in New York State's Capital District, my personal favorite is Brown's in Troy. I especially like the Oatmeal Stout and the Barrel-Aged Whiskey Porter.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Austin, TX - in nearby Blanco they're brewing up Real Ale, which is some good stuff.

A shout-out to the Aggie. If you're into wine, check out the Messina Hof winery.

• sing4you (10/7/2010)

Austin, TX - in nearby Blanco they're brewing up Real Ale, which is some good stuff.

A shout-out to the Aggie. If you're into wine, check out the Messina Hof winery.

Howdy, Sing4you! My husband and I are VIPs at Messina Hof Winery. He says that I should stop telling people that, b/c it makes us sound like winos. πŸ™‚ Wine lovers is the way that I prefer to describe it. πŸ™‚

• SE Manchester in the UK.

One of the best beers I can remember was 'Wobbly Bob' from the Phoenix Brewery in Heywood, and for anybody who wants to know, it lived up to it's name :hehe:

• tshelly (10/7/2010)

sing4you (10/7/2010)

Austin, TX - in nearby Blanco they're brewing up Real Ale, which is some good stuff.

Howdy, Sing4you! My husband and I are VIPs at Messina Hof Winery. He says that I should stop telling people that, b/c it makes us sound like winos. πŸ™‚ Wine lovers is the way that I prefer to describe it. πŸ™‚

Wow, how do you get to be a VIP? For all the wine of theirs I buy, I should be a part-owner!! :w00t:

• sing4you (10/7/2010)

tshelly (10/7/2010)

sing4you (10/7/2010)

Wow, how do you get to be a VIP? For all the wine of theirs I buy, I should be a part-owner!! :w00t:

Just visit their website to read about becoming a VIP. Lots of perks for sure. Each year we get a free tour and tasting for 20 people, free personalized labels, discounts on wine and food at Messina Hof and invites to special events. We visit their wine bar on a regular basis - good people, good food and of course - great wine. πŸ™‚

• tshelly (10/7/2010)

sing4you (10/7/2010)

tshelly (10/7/2010)

sing4you (10/7/2010)

Just visit their website to read about becoming a VIP. Lots of perks for sure. Each year we get a free tour and tasting for 20 people, free personalized labels, discounts on wine and food at Messina Hof and invites to special events. We visit their wine bar on a regular basis - good people, good food and of course - great wine. πŸ™‚

Ok, sing4you... had to let you know that I just got an evite today to a Wine Premier VIP Reception at MH. It starts at 10AM on Nov 13th... looks like I'm having wine for breakfast that day. :hehe: See it's worth being a VIP there.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply