Where are datasets used in reports stored?

• Hi, all. I'm trying to figure out if a stored procedure is used in any of the reports we have built. Does anyone know where the names of the datasets used in reports are stored? Thanks!

• One way to find them would be to search the file contents of the .rdl files that represent the reports, and these are pure XML, so you could use XML methods or text substring searches to find the names of any stored procedures. If you develop that once, and have a consistent location for the .rdl files, it should be easy to keep up with. I'd also look in the ReportServer database on your SSRS instance and look for an XML column in there somewhere that might hold that same content. I'm not sure if it's kept that way, but I'm not familiar with the tables in there as yet. Since you've asked, I'm going to go look, but I might need to create a report first, so I wouldn't count on me being able to come back with a swift answer. Hope that helps some...

Steve

(aka sgmunson)

:-):-):-)

Vicki Peters (1/8/2010)

Hi, all. I'm trying to figure out if a stored procedure is used in any of the reports we have built. Does anyone know where the names of the datasets used in reports are stored? Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply