when trying to manage fulltext catalog, error: "The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account"

• sorry 'bout that. here's the full error message:

"The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account"

When I try to manage my fulltext catalogs or indexes in any way on my local machine, it give me the error above. This is true for trying to create catalogs, drop indexes... anything fulltext so far as I can tell. This is happening on my machine only, and not on the production box.

OS is XP Pro. @@version is 8.00.760. I'm logged into my machine as a domain admin. same message whether I'm trying to configure fulltext in EM or QA. I'm at my wits end. Micorsoft Search service is running logged in as Local System. Authentication is set to SQL Server and Windows and SQL Server is running logged in as a domain administrator.

The BUILTIN\Administrators group IS a member of the system administrators role. I've tried Hillary's suggestion at this link: http://www.mcse.ms/archive89-2004-3-478735.html to no avail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Repost the Error in the message section

Tim Hetherington

A.K.A. White Knight

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply