what to do with SUSPECTED DATABASE???

• Hey everyone,

due to some electricity problem one of my database SUSPECTED, so i try these two followings commands but there is errors, what u suggest

sp_add_data_file_recover_suspect_db sp_add_log_file_recover_suspect_db

waiting u

Waqas Younis

Asst. DBA

• What is the recovery model? If it is Full recovery I think by restarting the sql service that will work.Or restore from last backups.

Regds

Binu John

• I have had an issue with suspect databases. I have found that the ones I had if I took them offline and then put them back online they were ok.....

Hope this helps.

Michael

• Does the SQL Log File give any clues as to why the database is now Suspect?

We've had databases set as suspect when a corruption in the Db's Log File has been encountered on a handful of occassions. In those cases we've detached the database, deleted the ldf file and re-attached as a single file. The ldf is recreated and the database is fine.

If the error is not down to the Db Log File and the SQL commands to unset the suspect status don't work restoring the database is probably all that can be done.

Steve.

• before doing anything else did you try this?

Use master

GO

sp_resetstatus (db_name)

stop and start the SQL Service.

• If it's suspect you should question it; find out if it's guilty or not.

Be careful with suspect databases, there is a reason SQL will put it in this state...usually because of torn pages. dbcc checkdb('dbname') may help...

cl

Signature is NULL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply