What is the Main Purpose of Sequence Container? Can you tell me one scenario?

• Help me

• Sequence Container is used to Group the tasks together. The tasks in the container will finish before the container sends a message down the precedence constraint to the next task.

• For an instance of WHEN to use it, an example would be conditional flowing. By enabling/disabling different containers, you can have your script task perform an If/Then structure that merely enables/disables one object instead of worrying about all the different smaller pieces inclusive of it. Helps for maintainability.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Hi Indher,

Sequence Container :

1. Lets you organize subordinate tasks by grouping them together(as Jeevan said),

2. Lets you apply transactions at the container level, and

3. Lets you apply logging at the container level.

• As the others have said, they can really help with organisation and maintainability. I find them a real asset in holding a group of related tasks together that would otherwise take up a lot of screen space. Collapse the Sequence Container and you can see the big picture... expand it and you can see all of the detail within it.

I like them a lot, and one side benefit I've found is that by using them I can explain to non-SSIS literate IT staff (and even some key end-users) the "flow" of a package without them being swamped by too much detail.

MAXIM 106:
    "To know things well, we must know the details; and as they are almost infinite, our knowledge is always superficial and imperfect."
    Francois De La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply