What do these Maintenance Plans icons mean ?

• Hello,

I don't know the exact meanings of these Maintenance Plans icons and cannot find any documents talking about them on the Web.

Can you tell me ?

Or can you suggest some links or web sites talking about these Maintenance Plans icons ?

• I'm at a bit of a loss to know exactly what you're asking. The maint plans are for making database and database transaction log backups - you must know what these are?

I don't actually use the builtin maint plans myself - I write my own.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• Hello, please open my attached Word documents, then you can see SQL Server will assign different icons to my Maintenance Plans (I have several servers).

I want to know the exact meanings of these icons.

Do you know them ?

• no sorry, as I say, I don't use maint plans.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• They are probably based on the plan contents or possibly could these be master/target plans? Maybe one's a subplan?

Is there something different about the plans?

• Dear Steve,

My Maintenance Plans can work properly but I just want to know the actual meanings of the icons.

Up to now, I haven't found any Microsoft official documents talking about these icons.

• They are just icons for the maintenance plan. They have no special meaning.

The difference can be explained by looking at the version of SQL Server you are connecting to. I bet one is SP1 (or less) and the other is SP2 or greater.

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Dear jeff.williams.3188,

What you said seems correct.

I found all my SP1 2005 servers have the yellow Maintenance Plan icons while all the SP2 machines have the red icons.

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply