Welcome to 2011

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Welcome to 2011

• I still think the most important resolution one can make is to enjoy the new year more than the last.

Then work out ways to do so. You can always change your mind about tactical details, but if the strategic goal is a more enjoyable year, you can stick to that pretty well.

As I mentioned on another editorial on this same subject, it does no good (for example) to resolve to spend more time with your family, if that ends up meaning you spend more time in front of the TV arguing about what show to watch.

If you resolve, however, to spend more enjoyable time with your family, and it turns out that everyone agrees a trip to Disneyworld is the way to do that, then you can make tactical plans around that. Does that mean getting a better paying job so you can afford the trip? So be it. And so on. Much better than resolving "to make more money", or "get a better job", but has the same steps and actions, just for a better reason.

I find it more useful, and enjoyable, than specific resolutions without a context for them.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I have been putting a good amount of thought to this and now need to find time to organize the thoughts and write it all out.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (1/6/2011)

I have been putting a good amount of thought to this and now need to find time to organize the thoughts and write it all out.

ditto

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply