Warning yellow sign when I open my SSMS :crying:

• Hi All,

I have problems trying to fix a warning windows over my SSMS each time I open it.

I made an upgrade from Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition, then I installed all the "windows updates" I get ....I looked that everything was ok, any problem until this point.......but, just one important thing, I was advise from my partner not to installed the second Windows Server disk at the moment I was upgrading it, so I run just the first one, although it finished ok, it asked me for the second one, but I just click cancel....

After that I try to open my SSMS, it open but with a little warning windows in the middle of the screen, without text just the yellow warning sign....

What can I do to fix my SSMS???, please any idea?, could be this "weird" one CD installation I did?, should I have to installed both may be to avoid missing something???

Please some suggestion??? I need some little help.

Thank you.

• Please, any idea?

Thank you.

• Which updates exactly did you install and which did you not install?

My Windows edition is on one DVD, so I'm not sure what's missing. Was there any reason give for not applying the second Windows disk?

• go into Add\remove programs and select the .NET 2 framework. Run a repair of this first (click change\remove and it will ask to repair or remove)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Junior_DBA (8/10/2008)

Hi All,

I have problems trying to fix a warning windows over my SSMS each time I open it.

I made an upgrade from Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition, then I installed all the "windows updates" I get ....I looked that everything was ok, any problem until this point.......but, just one important thing, I was advise from my partner not to installed the second Windows Server disk at the moment I was upgrading it, so I run just the first one, although it finished ok, it asked me for the second one, but I just click cancel....

After that I try to open my SSMS, it open but with a little warning windows in the middle of the screen, without text just the yellow warning sign....

What can I do to fix my SSMS???, please any idea?, could be this "weird" one CD installation I did?, should I have to installed both may be to avoid missing something???

Please some suggestion??? I need some little help.

Thank you.

Do the event logs indicate any errors when you try to launch SSMS? I agree with the other poster, try and do a repair of the .NET framework.

• It worked!, it is weird, because I have just installed all the windows updates, and that included the Framework.....NET v., anyway the little error window dissapeared.

Thank you.

• glad you're all sorted 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply