Visual Studio report creating multiple pages

• I need some help with controlling how visual studio is breaking up my report into more than one page when all the content can easily fit onto a single page. Attached is a file with screen shots of the 2 pages it creates along with the very simple layout definition of the report...I have tried changing the body size, shrinking text size...etc, but for some reason it always breaks at the same point. There is no page grouping set up and I have not inserted any page breaks anywhere so I'm lost and about to put my fist through this computer screen!! Help!

• Are the Report Properties page size and interactive size settings what you expect? Check the margins as well.

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• Where do you look to check the interactive property settings? I don't see this option anywhere in the options on the report tab.

• it looks to me like the report is designed to be bigger than the paper , isn't it? so it cannot fit untill you tweak it to a smaller width?

or do you mean it prints one line on a second page? it looks like there are 20 lines(two occupied by the header...18 lines of data)

is there a setting that is causing that?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• The page setup is actually set up to landscape Legal, so it shouldn't have a problem fitting. I can't find any setting that would limit it to 20 lines per page, and yes that is what is driving me nuts! It prints a second page for only one line when it can easily fit onto one page.

• Did you try setting bottom the page bottom margin to zero in the Report Properties?

Chris

Thanks,

Chris

Newtek Web Hosting

• Yeah I tried that...no matter what the bottom and top margins are it doesn't change the result. That is unless I make the bottom margin something crazy like 5 inches and then it will print out 3 pages...the last page will still only have 1 page.

• bzabel (9/16/2010)

Where do you look to check the interactive property settings? I don't see this option anywhere in the options on the report tab.

In your properties window - Select "Report" from the drop down menu. Interactive Size settings are under the Layout Heading.

Do you get the same results when you output the report to a pdf? Or is it just in the preview pane?

• I changed the interactive size to match the page size, but it was already set to 8.5 x 11. Changing it to match the page size of 14 x 8.5 didn't do anything...I still get the same result where the last line goes to a second page.

• Alright so I finally figured it out...I had the List box grouped by DOY, hence the last line which happend to be the roll over hor for production was going to the next page. Got to love spending countless hours on something so simple...a learning experience!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply