Visual Studio Crashes When running Package

• This started happening today: I try and execute my main package (which calls several others) and visual studio crashes. Has been happening about every other time I run the package this afternoon.

The only thing I can find on MSDN for the error that comes up is "You may have problems editing a 2003 project in 2005" there's no mention of SSIS projects and this issue I can find.

Is anyone else having this?

SSIS Packages, SQL Server, Databases are all local.  thanks!

Skål - jh

• Visual Studio crashes. That's what it does.

Sometimes, it just takes a really long time to run massive packages (especially during the validation process), and it will hang if you try to perform other operations. So, it may be a good idea to test them when you have lots of spare time so you can walk away and check back later. If it's still hanging, you may want to just break the packages apart so it isn't trying to do so much at once.

Good luck

• I have had similar problems. More memory seems to help. I upgraded my development machine to 1Gb and it appeared to run better. On one server with 2* 3.2 processors and 2Gb of memory I haven't had a crash (yet).

• 2gb of memory is the trick. I found the same thing during the beta. My machine last year only had 1gb and it was crashing regularly. I wrote it off to the beta, but then, when I went to MS class, they required me to have 2gb on the machine. After the upgrade, all the crashes went away (well, most of them).

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply