Visual Studio 2005 & Integration Packages

• For a couple of months I have been having problems with creating SSIS (integration Services) tasks.

1. In the VS IDE, if I attempt to delete or add a Data Viewer, the IDE aborts.

2. I can not store password in the Connection.

******What I have done *******************

1. about a month ago re-imaged my laptop back to an old image.

This solved the problem for a short period.

After windows patches the IDE broke again.

2. Re-installed SQL 2005-SP1 onto my laptop. (Did not help)

3. Remoted into the server running SQL 2005. Was able to develop, create and delete Data Viewers; but found that the password was not being saved in the dtsx for the Oracle connection.

3. Researched on Internet and found that the package security was set to "Don't save sensitive"

Was this always the default?

I never looked at this property in the past.

4. Changed the "Don't save sensitive" to "EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey"

This allowed the job run run through "Execute Package Utility"

*******HELP**********************

Does anyone know what patches may be causing the problem(s)?

Does anyone know if the default package security changed because of any of the patches?

Does anyone know how to get back to normal running?

• There are so many moving pieces that it is hard to tell what is happening. However one thing is for sure: DontSaveSensitive is not a default option and installing a patch DOESN'T change this or modify your existing packages. I would recommend you talk with your co-workers. Someone else is modifying the same environment where you work.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Agreed with CozyRoc.There should not be any problem with installing the patch. What I personally think behind alien behavior for your SSIS is that there must be some problem with MSBI.

Try to reinstall BI part of your SQL Server (not full installation.. just BI)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply