Version Control - Dealing with Code

• I wonder why you say SQL Server does not integrate with VSS. It may not integrate in a "natural" or independent way like other environments via the Enterprise Manager but... If you use development environments such as Visual Studio .NET you will see that not only it is actually possible, it works well!

I have been integrating SQL server with VSS using VS.NET to do version control of the stored procedures, views, create/change scripts, functions and the like. It is a simple as creating a Database project in VS.NET and there you go! Actually VS.NET offers you even more features (kind of like Enterprise manager).

• I thought this was an excellent article. One of the projects I've been assigned this year is to develop and implement source control for all of our systems. (Why this wasn't in place when the systems were installed? I have no idea!!) So I found this article very informative and useful. Good job!!

Thanks!

Manuel

• So about part 2, 3, and 4...  It's been 4+ years, when are we getting the "coming soon" parts?

Good article, but really would like to see the rest of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply