Value does not fall within the expected range. (SqlMgmt)

• When I try to add a securable to an existing database Role I get this error message, ‘Value does not fall within the expected range. (SqlMgmt)’. This occurs after I grant the database role execute permissions to a User defined data type. Any ideas?

Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4053.00 (Intel X86)

Thanks,

DK

• I think this happened to me once when I had upgraded the server to a higher version of a service pack, but not my local client tools; the local client tools were expecting different values.

In SSMS, if you do help...About

what version is your "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio"?

this link implies it's an issue in SP1 that was fixed in SP2:

http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/sql-server-tools/4155/SSMS-2005-Value-does-not-fall-within-the-expected-range

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks for the reply Lowell,

The version is 9.00.4035.00 on my machine and the version on the server that I am working on is 9.00.4053, which I believe are both SP3. So, it should have had the fix from SP2, correct?

Thanks,

DK

• I tried to go through the same progression on the server.

Create Role.

Grant Execute to User Defined Data Type, save Role.

Open Role, open Securables.

Same error, ‘Value does not fall within the expected range. (SqlMgmt)’.

• we had something like this when i tried to use best practices in setting up a SQL server one time with a non-domain admin service account. had a case open and PSS said it was a bug. forgot which hotfix they fixed it in.

• Good Day,

this problem was not addressed in SP 3 either .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply