<> "Value"

• Hi all,

trying to create a view in SQL 2000 but I am having no success in getting the results I want.

In access I could use <> "MyValue" but everytime I write that into the criteria for that field in the View it changes it to <> N'[MyValue]' which may well be the syntax in SQL Views but it is not giving me the reults I get in Access, that is everything except "MyValue".

Can anyone assist me in the correct syntax to use if you do not want a particular value in a view.

UPDATE: OK, I have just refreshed the view in Access now (linked in live) and it is now displaying the results I expected initially.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch....

• I'm assuming this means that you solved the problem yourself?

Please post a followup that explains what worked so we know it's solved.

• Mitch, keep in mind that Access puts its own spin on things. You can not always necessarily copy and paste SQL from Access into QA, or vice versa.

Greg
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The glass is at one half capacity: nothing more, nothing less.

• Hi all, just following up these replies.

Yup, from what I understand SQL Server uses T SQL which is different in syntax to the SQL that Access uses. I just use my Access SQL code as a template as sorts and then modify it as needed.

And yes, thanks, as the update states the problem has been resolved. I was typing the correct syntax but for whatever reason my results were not displaying correctly, I probably had not refreshed the results properly.

Thanks again,

Mitch.......

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply