Using variables in a Lookup transformation

• How do pass variables to a sql statement in a lookup transform?

I have a package that I'm putting together... and at the beginning of the package I load up several variables with values from a table... then later in the package, I want to do use a lookup transform, where I lookup some records in another table based on one of the variables that I populated previously... I may be missing something obvious here, but how do I set this up?

• Expressions, (that means the use of Variables too) are not supported for the Lookup Transform in SSIS 2005.

Its in SSIS 2008 implemented. There you can access the SQL Statement for each Lookup inside a DataFlow as Expression over the Property Window of the DataFlow.

A Workaround in SQL Server 2005 could be to write the Variable Values into a temporary Table (together with the execution ID of the Package an access them in the Lookup by a subselect.

Good luck jens

• bmturney (5/14/2009)

How do pass variables to a sql statement in a lookup transform?

I have a package that I'm putting together... and at the beginning of the package I load up several variables with values from a table... then later in the package, I want to do use a lookup transform, where I lookup some records in another table based on one of the variables that I populated previously... I may be missing something obvious here, but how do I set this up?

This is duplicate post. The question is being answered here.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply