Using multiple thread when executing SSIS packages

• When you execute an SSIS package, does it use a single thread or do I have the ability to make it run using multiple threads so it executes faster?

• NewBornDBA2017 - Monday, July 9, 2018 8:06 AM

When you execute an SSIS package, does it use a single thread or do I have the ability to make it run using multiple threads so it executes faster?

If the objects in your control flow are not connected by precedence constraints, they will execute concurrently (subject to the MaxConcurrentExecutables package property).

So ... multiple threads are under your control.

Packages don't always execute faster when run in parallel, though. Try loading multiple worksheets from the same Excel spreadsheet at the same time as a quick example.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• NewBornDBA2017 - Monday, July 9, 2018 8:06 AM

When you execute an SSIS package, does it use a single thread or do I have the ability to make it run using multiple threads so it executes faster?

There are properties to certain Data Flow tasks that allow you to control the number of threads and to increase the buffer size to 100 MB.   FYI...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply