Look... the flow of package is like this:

data_flowtask1 - for AB

then

data_flowtask1 - for CD

then

data_flowtask1 - for EF

then

data_flowtask1 - for GH

now when I run the package first time suppose it could not load data for EF....but It will complete rest 3 data flow tasks...so now when I re run it how can i use a variable condition to run only EF dataflow this time.....

Is there any way to do this..

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Adv

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks [/font]

• Hi,

There is checkpoints in SSIS, which can restart failed packages from the point of failure. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms140226.aspx.

I haven't tried this though..just a suggestion.

VG

• Thanks,,

but my package is not failing..in the middle.

..its completing and then i want tostart it from the middle...

it's just that at that time i wont run 3rd Data flow task as its not yet ready...

but 4th is ready do i will run that now again when 3rd is ready run the 3rd one not others...

hope u got it

is it possible?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Thanks [/font]

• ssis package with conditions..

any help?

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Thanks [/font]

• You can enable package configurations that would set say a Status variable that would be used on a conditional workflow. To run or not run specific tasks. You could have an execute SQL statement at the end to figure out what the current status is and set the next run status value.

• what are you doing inside the dataflow? i know loading, -but from what to what.............? is there a flat file as ur source?....if flat file then what you do with flatfile if it is loaded?

• I am loading from an OLE DB source to an OLE DB destination,

Now the thing is that Destination is Common to all dataflow tasks...and source is depending on the conditional variable.....

actually..even if one data flow task fails....other will run...but second time when i run the package i want to run only the failed task...I cannot use checkpoint as it has already ran the 4th item...

After failing when it starts I just want to run the 3rd item.

Any help is appreciated..'

Thanks

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Thanks [/font]

• It might sound little complex and long...........But I can think of one solution ( i haven't tired it myself..................)

Create a table for loogging out the success or failure information for each dataflow.

SO lets say u run ur ssis packages and dataflow A and B are successfull but C and D failed. So u put this value in the table for each type.

Then when U run next time, go grab the value from table, If the value is Suceess do not run the dataflow A and B, but if it is failure then run the dataflow..

You might have to create several varaibales for 4 diff dataflows and also make sure when you log information into table........all the necessary information are there to pull the appropraite value .........

• Thanks..Lemme try this ..

[font="Comic Sans MS"]

Thanks [/font]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply