User-Defined string Functions Transact-SQL

• Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to offer you the following string functions Transact-SQL

GETWORDCOUNT()  Counts the words in a string

GETWORDNUM()    Returns a specified word from a string

AT()   Returns the beginning numeric position of the first occurrence of a character expression within

another character expression, counting from the leftmost character

RAT() Returns the numeric position of the last (rightmost) occurrence of a character string within

another character string

OCCURS() Returns the number of times a character expression occurs within another character expression

PADL()   Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the left side

PADR()   Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the right side

PADC()   Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the both sides

PROPER() Returns from a character expression a string capitalized as appropriate for proper names

RCHARINDEX()  Is similar to a built-in function Transact-SQL charindex but the search of which is on the right

ARABTOROMAN() Returns the character Roman number equivalent of a specified numeric expression

ROMANTOARAB() Returns the number equivalent of a specified character Roman number expression  ...

For more information about string UDFs Transact-SQL please visit the

http://www.universalthread.com/wconnect/wc.dll?LevelExtreme~2,54,33,27115

Please,  download the file

http://www.universalthread.com/wconnect/wc.dll?LevelExtreme~2,2,27115

With the best regards

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Igor,

Thanks. Would you like to post some of these in the script section?

• Igor,

I'm doing a lot of work with string manipulation at the moment, and the AT and RAT functions will be certainly useful to me!

Cheers!

Alex

• Thanks for posting the functions, I found them very useful. Even the help is done very well.

What I hear I forget, what I see I remember, what I do I understand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply