Urgent pl. - Replication - Errors

• Folks

Any idea about the following errors:

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 11 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. The step failed.

The process could not execute 'sp_MSadd_repl_commands27hp' on 'TPNPRD01'.

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 10 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process. The step failed.

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 16 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (GLOBAL\TPNSQLServer) of job Expired subscription clean up has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'GLOBAL\TPNSQLServer'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

Thanks in advance,

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• It looks like a security isssue. With the errors complaining about not being able to execute 'sp_MSadd_repl_commands27hp' on 'TPNPRD01', I'd say it either doesn't have the right securities, or cannot locate the server. With the last error at the bottom, it looks like it could possibly be windows integrated security that's being used, and perhaps cannot authenticate. I would be tempted to say that the process wasn't able to create a table due to no rights, and the following failures were data load and index creation failing due to the origional error.

With more information, a much more detailed analysis could be done. What are processes 10,11, and 16 doing? What type of replication? What security models are being used on both servers?

• I agree, it looks like a permissions issue. If you look at

The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (GLOBAL\TPNSQLServer) of job Expired subscription clean up has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'GLOBAL\TPNSQLServer'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).

You will see it's complaining about the user for your SQL Agent. Has the password expired/changed on the account? Try changing the SQL Agent account to your SA User's account and see if that makes a difference.

Gary Johnson

DBA

Sr. DB Engineer

Gary Johnson
    Microsoft Natural Language Group
    DBA, Sr. DB Engineer

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and may not reflect that of my employer.

• We backed up the database and then truncated the transaction log because

it was 164MB whereas the database is only 35MB. All the errors seem to be occurring

on the Log Reader job for replication. Since doing this there has been no errors. We are

now going to set up daily maintenance jobs to do this and see if any errors reoccur.

Thanks for all the responses.

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply