Uppercase Lowercase problem!

• When I do select statement over the table with a few columns and about 300000 rows of data, and statement like SELECT col_1 FROM T WHERE col_2= returns value 'N'. Problem is, if I add one more column in WHERE clause and statement becomes like

SELECT col_1 FROM T WHERE col_2= ' this statement returns value 'n' (??).

It is a little bit confusing for me, since I have realized that only one (among all others) columns added into WHERE clause causes incorrect returned value. Of course, if I could manage this query I would use UPPER and overcome the problem, but resultset comes from application output and here is no much to do.

I'm sure that some server/database setting causes this problem, but comparing two server settings (attaching database to other server gives correct outut) I didn't find some differencies in settings.

• miodrag.sabljic (10/29/2008)

When I do select statement over the table with a few columns and about 300000 rows of data, and statement like SELECT col_1 FROM T WHERE col_2= returns value 'N'. Problem is, if I add one more column in WHERE clause and statement becomes like

SELECT col_1 FROM T WHERE col_2= ' this statement returns value 'n' (??).

It is a little bit confusing for me, since I have realized that only one (among all others) columns added into WHERE clause causes incorrect returned value. Of course, if I could manage this query I would use UPPER and overcome the problem, but resultset comes from application output and here is no much to do.

I'm sure that some server/database setting causes this problem, but comparing two server settings (attaching database to other server gives correct outut) I didn't find some differencies in settings.

Something seems to be missing in the WHERE clause....

• How about posting the actual queries you are running?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply