Upgrading SQL Server 2005 Standard to SQL Server 2005 Developer

• I want to upgrade an instance of SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition to SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition on a Windows 2003 Server (Standard Edition). The research I have done has said to use SKUUPGRADE=1 from the command prompt.

My question is do I need to include each component I have installed (Replication, Integration Services, Reporting Services, etc) with the ADDLOCAL parameter or will SQL_Engine suffice?

In other words, should I use

start /wait setup.exe ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,SQL_Full_Text,RS_Server,RS_Web_Interface,Notification_Services,NS_Engine,NS_Client,NS_Rules,SQL_DTS,Client_Components,Connectivity,SQL_Tools_90,SQL_Profiler90,SQL_Documentation,SQL_BooksOnline,SQL_SQLServerBooksOnline,SQL_DatabaseSamples, SQL_AdventureWorksSamples,SQL_AdventureWorksDWSamples,SQL_Samples INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

or, should I be using:

start /wait setup.exe ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

Thanks for any help.

TimF

• I am trying to do the opposite - Going from SQL 2005 Developer to Standard and used the command line:

start /wait setup.exe ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1

with and without the /qb switch and the instance did actually upgrade to Standard but had this error message which I cannot seem to find an answer for:

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following problem: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The certificate cannot be dropped because one or more entities are either signed or encrypted using it.. To continue, correct the problem, and then run SQL Server Setup again.

Is there anyone that could help with this?

Thanks

• hmm I'm not convinced you can "upgrade" std to dev as it's a downgrade which I wasn't sure was supported. I could be wrong however, not a thing I do very often.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply