Updating Outlook Calendar Based on SQL Data

• Hi all,

I've checked the site and haven't been able to find anything (or maybe I missed it) for a method to update Outlook with calendar items based on data entered into a table in a SQL database.

For example, someone enters a record in the Activity table with a date, user name, and a description of some sort.

I need to write a stored procedure that could take that new record and add it to the OUTLOOK calendar for the user name in question. (Date / Description)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Roger

• Does it have to be from an SQL server stored procedure?

The main way I know of doing this is using WebDAV, which you can use with .NET to send appointments and meeting requests.

You will still have a credentials issue, though. Because you want to put things in multiple user's calendars, you will either need to be able to supply the credentials to their account (far from ideal), to have rights to their account (also potentially troubling). OR you can have a dummy account for your program send them invitations, which will get things in their calendar, but also give them the opportunity to reject them (or propose a new time to your dummy account).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply