UNION ALL VIEW ERROR

• If try to Insert Data into Union All View I get the following msg. I have followed all the view,table,column rules and no overlapped CHECK constraints. I am not sure where I am missing.

Server: Msg 4416, Level 16, State 5, Line 1

UNION ALL view 'Test_VW' is not updatable because the definition contains a disallowed construct.

• I'm not gonna answer that on every forum you posted >> I think that the only way you can do that is to put an instead of update trigger in the view and to manually update the right table with the new info.

• I'm working with this issue currently myself and ended up needing a Instead of trigger to populate a column that used to be a derived column. I hade to make sure that everything else was correct to, because I recieved the same error as you many times.

I suggest changing the view to be on two tables, to more easily rule out bad ddl on all tables.

Then verify that the check constraint is also part of the PK and there are no Identity columns.

Here's the MS link, good luck!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/createdb/cm_8_des_06_17zr.asp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply