Unable to connect Sql Server

• i m Unable to connect from client pc to sql server instance using sql server management studio 2008 , which is running on port 1455

• What's the error message?

• A network related or instance specific error occurred .

• and i m also checked port no by the client machine, it is opened

using telnet command.

• Dhirju (11/29/2011)

A network related or instance specific error occurred .

Please provide the complete error message with Error No, severity, description etc.

• Try connecting with the ip address of the server.

ip,port

Pradeep Singh

• TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to 192.168.147.25.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

• Since you are not using the default port

1) Mention the port number with the servername (or IP) or

2) Make sure that SQL Server browser service is running on the server.

• Dhirju (11/29/2011)

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to 192.168.147.25.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53)

Please verify your network settings / connectivity. It doesn't look like SQL server Issue.

Error 53

The most common symptom of a problem in NetBIOS name resolution is when the Ping utility returns an Error 53 message. The Error 53 message is generally returned when name resolution fails for a particular computer name. Error 53 can also occur when there is a problem establishing a NetBIOS session.

• Sql browser service is running...

• in the server name enter this.

Pradeep Singh

• 1) Enable TCP/IP protocol

2) Enable Remote Connections

• Is remote connections enabled on the server? By default it is disabled. Moreover, which windows platform are you using for you SQL Server?

• sql server in DMZ. so can't ping it, i can only access using a perticuler port,

i checked all the setting in network configure,

i stucked 🙁

please help...

• have you checked the SQL Server Configuration Manager on the server?

under SQL Server Network Configuration, Protocols for ~INSTANCENAME~ (named instance), or Protocols for MSSQLSERVER (default instance), check that Named Pipes and TCPIP are enabled?

right click on TCPIP, select IP Addresses, find the IP Address of the server, as you may have IPV6 and IPV4, check the TCP Port. Also check the IPAll, TCPPort as well

Make sure that it is 1455 that the server is running on

On a seperate note, are you sure you want your SQL Server in the DMZ?

Have you taken all the nessesary security messures to ensure that only SQL traffic can access the server?

Does the server have its own firewall?

Pretty risky business having SQL in the DMZ, would always have it on the internal zone, outside of the DMZ but thats just me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply