Unable to attach db

• Hi,  we have a problem attaching a database that was detached from another server. When trying to attach, the server returns an error:  "Error 906: Could not locate row in sysobjects for system catalog 'Sysobjects' in database 'Our_DB'. This system catalog should exist in all databases. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysobjects in this database. 3092 transactions rolled forward forward in database 'Our_DB' (7)."

How can you run DBCC CHECKTABLE on a table in a database that we cannot attach?

Has anyone come across this error and is there a solution?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• What SQL Server do you use?

For SQL Server 2000, if you attach the database from Enterprise Manager, try first to refresh panel(s) (F5)...

Check BOL for sp_attach_db and sp_attach_single_file_db ...

If you're not the DBA or you're not in the sysadmin and dbcreator fixed server roles, then ask your DBA to do the trick

To learn is not to know.

• Hi,

You have an Sql *.mdf file. Can you send it to me i can solve your problem coz it ia s big process i can't explain to you bot i can recover your all the data.

Amit Gupta

.MCDBA.

** Task is not easy but solution is easy.

• Hey,

I forgot to provide my mail address :

Amit.82.gupta@gmail.com or

mailgupta_amit@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Amit Gupta

.MCDBA.

** Task is not easy but solution is easy.

• Thanks for your offer Amit. However we found another copy of the mdf file that we could use and were able to move forward.

We never did resolve the specific problem....

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply