UID not recorded in transaction log

• I have been using Log Explorer to review transaction log records in order to determine which user performed certain transactions. I have come across several transactions in which the OpCode is "DELETE ROWS", the Context is either "CLUSTERED" or "MARK_AS_GHOST", and the UID is a period "." rather than a user login. All users have authenticated logins. The transactions in which this occur all perform multiple deletes, like a DELETE sql statement was issued with no WHERE clause or a very non-restrictive WHERE clause. Does anyone know under what circumstances transactions are entered into the transaction log without a UID recorded?

• Generally, its transactions the system batches executed by a system process. The "." is representative of a system internal function. There is no direct userid, though its related to one.

• quote:

Generally, its transactions the system batches executed by a system process. The "." is representative of a system internal function. There is no direct userid, though its related to one.

Thanks for the response. I don't see how it applies to the situation of data being deleted from a user table. Clearly sql server didn't just decide on it's own to delete specific records from a user table.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply