TSQL or SSIS

• KBSK (8/9/2010)

its better i would've gone through SSIS approach...

Now i got a bad impression 🙁

Thanks,

KB

Ummm... are you saying that other people have a bad impression of you because of this or are you saying you have a bad impression of the folks on this forum?

In either case, you don't really have an "impression" problem... you have a "permissions" problem and it's mostly because folks won't help SQL Server see a tiny little single directory on their bloody empire for you to read files from.

Anyway... since you've hit that particular brick wall, yes, by all means, do try something in SSIS especially since the powers that be insist on it.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (8/9/2010)

KBSK (8/9/2010)

its better i would've gone through SSIS approach...

Now i got a bad impression 🙁

Thanks,

KB

Ummm... are you saying that other people have a bad impression of you because of this or are you saying you have a bad impression of the folks on this forum?

In either case, you don't really have an "impression" problem... you have a "permissions" problem and it's mostly because folks won't help SQL Server see a tiny little single directory on their bloody empire for you to read files from.

Anyway... since you've hit that particular brick wall, yes, by all means, do try something in SSIS especially since the powers that be insist on it.

No no no, i didn't mean that...

I had a lil bad impression in my organization because of this...

(they are not ready to give the permission and they blame me !!!...howz that !!!)

The members in this forum are really helpful in times(many times)

due to lack of time and since the request have high priority I'll go with SSIS. Next time I will not leave them. :crazy:

Thanks for all the help,

KB

Thanks,
    Santhosh

Human Knowledge Belongs To The World !!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply