Trying to create a SQL Report with a dynamic number of subreports

• Trying to create a SQL Report with a dynamic number of subreports (all sub reports would be the same, but use a different connection string)? I know how to create dynamic connection strings, but not dynamic number of subreports.

I've retooled the free Microsoft Performance Dashboard (that is meant to run locally in Management Studio so that it runs on the report server across all of our target servers.

I'm now trying to create some new dashboards using the Perf dash components. For instance a CPU only dashboard that shows the cpu utilization chart for each server. I could easily hard code the number of subreports based on the server list. However I'd like them to populate dynamically form the SysTargetServers table (list of target servers in MSDB on the MSX server).

• Normally you'd have to define each sub report in the main report and then set visibility. you can do it Like this:

1. A main report with a tablix containing a subreport, the dataset for Main passes id, subid and subtype. SubMain has no dataset.

2. SubMain added all subreports which have their own dataset. And then set visibilty for SubDetails depending on type.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply